• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Monster walkeable Fields AI - Only Pro's

kito2

www.masteria.net
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey,

I have been looking for the last few months someone to improve the AI of monsters when talking about fields.

This is a really hard work, it should be all by source. We have been trying to improve this with 3 persons more that knows a lot but we couldn't manage to fix it.

I am paying whatever the effort you think it should be.

Just send me a PM to get in touch for more details.

Hey,

I have been looking for the last few months someone to improve the AI of monsters when talking about fields.

This is a really hard work, it should be all by source. We have been trying to improve this with 3 persons more that knows a lot but we couldn't manage to fix it.

I am paying whatever the effort you think it should be.

Just send me a PM to get in touch for more details.
Can you explain a little bit more. the field of monsters aren't walkable?
or something related to that?
im interested in the "work" im from chile pm me and explain it to me in spanish
regards

Can you explain a little bit more. the field of monsters aren't walkable?
or something related to that?
im interested in the "work" im from chile pm me and explain it to me in spanish
regards

I am using the lastest version of TFS.

This is how on Tibia RL CipSoft Works:

Actually we made some fix: you can stay over the field, if the monster has vulnerability against the field regarding its race, the monster wont go to look up for you, so this part is working good.

The problem now we are facing is when you do damage to the monster, being over the 3x3 rune, it wont come to attack you, that's the problem.

If you don't get language please tell me to translate it.

You think you can do this?

Okay then a ranged monster should attack from range if possible, but if the monster has no ranged attack he should ignore the 3x3 field under the available target?

On my experience playing RL, the ranged monsters that cant cross the field, keep moving and use their attacks if the range allows.

You are interested, want to try to chat in other platform to talk about time, costs, and conditions. Let me know.

I can't help with the issue, but I can explain what I think he wants.

If monster is not immune to the field, they cannot walk onto the field by default.
If they are hit with the field they will become aggressive, meaning they will now ignore the fields and walk over them.
However, if you have more then one type of field that the monster is not immune to, only the fields that have hit the creature can be ignored.

I hope that's right.

It's actually possible. The hardest part would be registering creatureevents on all creatures.

actual behaviour on global:
1. environment: ground full of fire fields
2. monster NOT immune to fire
3. monster see the player, but stand still / only use dist atk
4. monster gets hit either by field dmg or player
5. monster move to player position ignoring fields (or move away if it's a mage/dist class)
6. walking on fields is reset after short time (like 5 sec or something) or after reaching the point where it had will to go
7. back to 3 until monster receive dmg again

The hardest part would be registering creatureevents on all creatures.
it isn't hard to register if you source edit an onspawn function (i made one a while back and released it here) and register creature event every time a new monster spawns

Its stupid to fix that, whats the point of this battle when enemy doesnt attack you?

on tibia tho you can use atks on monsters except the element that you are hiding in unless you... aggro it i guess?

For example if i hunt with a 3x3 field the creature will atk me until im in it then it wont atk me. If I atk it then it will come at me ignoring the fire because i pissed it off. If there is a wall the creature goes around but if there is no wall the creature takes the shortest path and goes straight for you... if you leave the 3x3 it will follow and if you cross a wall it will go around.

Have you resolved your problem?
Do you want the fix in source?
If not i can make it in Lua using onThink creaturescrpt.

It's actually possible. The hardest part would be registering creatureevents on all creatures.

actual behaviour on global:
1. environment: ground full of fire fields
2. monster NOT immune to fire
3. monster see the player, but stand still / only use dist atk
4. monster gets hit either by field dmg or player
5. monster move to player position ignoring fields (or move away if it's a mage/dist class)
6. walking on fields is reset after short time (like 5 sec or something) or after reaching the point where it had will to go
7. back to 3 until monster receive dmg again

5.1 monster goes trough fields if it's strong to certain element type, even if he has the way around(try to use energy wall while fighting demons, he will cross it even if there's a way around to make).

5.1 monster goes trough fields if it's strong to certain element type, even if he has the way around(try to use energy wall while fighting demons, he will cross it even if there's a way around to make).

You are right. I don't know exact value, though. Over 60% I guess

i think this code can be copied from any ots above versions 10.x+

Back