• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Monsters doesnt "look" at the target

Holmbergfan

Premium User
Premium User
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am running a TFS 0.4 server and when I go with a normal character to kill animals and like, run around them you know.... they do not "look" at me. If i go one step to east, it will follow me and look at me, but if I go around them to west and stand there, they still look to the east and make the beams to the east. How come? Where can I start look for an answer?

Hopefully I do not need to edit those cpp files since im not familiar with it. But if I have to I guess I need to learn. If not, and you know where to edit this, please help me =)

Thanks

Did you compile this yourself?
Is this a distribution you downloaded?
Has it always been like this?
Did you change anything just before this started happening?

Did you compile this yourself?
Is this a distribution you downloaded?
Has it always been like this?
Did you change anything just before this started happening?

I havent touched anything with monsters. I bought this server as it is. Its a 7.72 real map but with 7.4 sprites etc. Its very weird. I have read all codes i can guess that have to do anything with monsters except the .cpp files. I bought the server all ready to run but with minor bugs i have fixed and this is the last bug I can see myself and its an annoying bug imo.

Thanks for reply

Why you buy this datapack?
Ehh, not that it has nothing to do with the post but this server is old and tested in many ways so instead of compiling a server my own and spend alot of time to fix all bugs that comes with it i bought one that someone has already worked on for long time. Tho alot of the files were originalfiles and thats maybe why I have this monsterproblem. And I dont feel like bother the seller with this question thats why I made a post here.

I would ask the dude I bought it from... Why don't the monsters fight me? lol

Kinda what tibia IS.
You got it all wrong, brother. Sorry if I wrote it in a bad way. The monsters are ATTACKING ME. But, they do not "look" at me. They do look at me if they see me from a distance and run to me.
Lets put it this way:
I go down a hole, a dragon lord is to the west of me. It run straight way to me and start attacking. Then it decides to move one sqm north, so i stand in middle and the DL stands in north west from me. Still attacking me, but since it was moving 1 sqm north, their head is looking north. If they are east and run to me, (west) and when it has arrived and melee attacking me, i can go around it and it will still look to the west. Still attacking me. But waves and beams goes to the west when I have moved myself around the monster so I stay east of it.

If you still dont understand I can make a screenshot of it.

No, I understood. They're not targeting you with beam, etc. That means the server you bought is broken.

Get your money back.
They do target with beam until I go around them(and let them stay on the same sqm) Yeah something is wrong but I feel like fixing the problem cuz everthing else is great about the server and this is what ive been looking for for months. Tried so many servers and this is the one I want to work on. And one thing I can not fix without little help is that problem.

They do target with beam until I go around them(and let them stay on the same sqm) Yeah something is wrong but I feel like fixing the problem cuz everthing else is great about the server and this is what ive been looking for for months. Tried so many servers and this is the one I want to work on. And one thing I can not fix without little help is that problem.

The issue you're going to keep running into, is that I nor anyone else can probably think of anything within the scripts/etc that would cause this. You will most likely need to recompile... which is exactly what I assume you're trying to avoid.

Just contact the person you bought it from. Ask them to fix this issue and give you an updated version.

If they made it, then it shouldn't be hard for them to fix. If they can't fix it, they probably ripped you off.

Do the creatures you are talking about attack?

I believe in TFS the main way creatures change directions is either #1 Movement or #2 When they attack (Melee or spell cast) they face their target.

Last edited:
Do the creatures you are talking about attack?

I believe in TFS the main way creatures change directions is either #1 Movement or #2 When they attack (Melee or spell cast) they face their target.
Yes. All creatures attacks their target. On the first picture, I have only moved 2 sqm south when the rats came attacking me. Left one came from south and right one came from north. And when I got both north of me, i moved one sqm to the south and the rats is looking to their target, fine. But if i kill the right rat and go 2 sqm north. This rat to the left will still look to the south even tho I am standing north of him. I see you customizing TFS. tell me what price you want to fix this problem thanks =) =)
Namnl_s.png

Yes. All creatures attacks their target. On the first picture, I have only moved 2 sqm south when the rats came attacking me. Left one came from south and right one came from north. And when I got both north of me, i moved one sqm to the south and the rats is looking to their target, fine. But if i kill the right rat and go 2 sqm north. This rat to the left will still look to the south even tho I am standing north of him. I see you customizing TFS. tell me what price you want to fix this problem thanks =) =)
Namnl_s.png

Do you have the source for your server and are you able to compile?

If I'm not mistaken, monster AI was implemented in later distros for the monsters to follow you with their beam. I'm almost positive in the earlier versions of Tibia monsters didn't face you on attack.

Back