• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Monthly reward for contributing people.

Luffy

giraffe
Reaction score
The title might not exactly be what you think.
The idea is basically that people who the month x contributed a lot.
These contribtions can be a released map or script, or just a tutorial, but ofcourse it should be a decent contribution, not just something everyone can do in a few minutes.

I suggest the reward is premium or points and that at x amount of points you can have premium.

Why? It's been discussed enough that Open-Tibia isn't as OPEN as before,
why not take action and reward people who have been contributing a lot.

What about those who need photoshop help, computer help, or just simple "What does this mean"/"How to fix this?" help? The people help them alot too, not just scripters but your everyday loyal OTlanders.

it was an example bro, i was just saying in comparrasion(spelling? fuck knows.) mapping is harder to provide support, even with photoshop. If the end product is rated asthetically (on the beauty of it) then it is subjective and is harder to provide support (you obviously can but focus on the HARDER).

Scripting is a definate article. It either is or isn't. There are easier ways to do things, ofcourse but it is either working or it isn't with no impact from subjective viewpoints. Therefore what i am saying is, the reason why it would be hard for mappers to gain this, is because

1. [*=center]Their "support" is subjective. e.g. ("remove large grass tufts imo" "i think they fit there")
    [*=center]A full map can take many months/years. Therefore they most likely won't have several examples of contribution but one large one.
    [*=center]it can take minutes to write a working script and therefore the biggest contributions would most likely come from this aspect of the community.
I'm not saying mappers shouldn't receive this. Ofcourse they should. I am just saying we need a better way to evaluate it. Maybe mappers who finish the TFS map? That is a huge contribution! Or maybe those who complete the ODD project map? A scripter can contribute alot in quick time on his own. A mapper can contribute alot in quick time as a group. So i guess the key way for mappers to be "rewarded" with such things would be to join a community focused map project.

it was an example bro, i was just saying in comparrasion(spelling? fuck knows.) mapping is harder to provide support, even with photoshop. If the end product is rated asthetically (on the beauty of it) then it is subjective and is harder to provide support (you obviously can but focus on the HARDER).

Scripting is a definate article. It either is or isn't. There are easier ways to do things, ofcourse but it is either working or it isn't with no impact from subjective viewpoints. Therefore what i am saying is, the reason why it would be hard for mappers to gain this, is because

1. [*=center]Their "support" is subjective. e.g. ("remove large grass tufts imo" "i think they fit there")
    [*=center]A full map can take many months/years. Therefore they most likely won't have several examples of contribution but one large one.
    [*=center]it can take minutes to write a working script and therefore the biggest contributions would most likely come from this aspect of the community.
I'm not saying mappers shouldn't receive this. Ofcourse they should. I am just saying we need a better way to evaluate it. Maybe mappers who finish the TFS map? That is a huge contribution! Or maybe those who complete the ODD project map? A scripter can contribute alot in quick time on his own. A mapper can contribute alot in quick time as a group. So i guess the key way for mappers to be "rewarded" with such things would be to join a community focused map project.
It's pretty easy. If in a month someone comes out extremely much, helps extremely much and it is just obvious that he is contributing a lot, then he simply deserves it.
I was never even talking about just advices in mapping, because that's just simple adjustement or personal preferences and opinions.

All I'm saying is, if anyone really deserves it, he should be rewarded. It's for motivation.

Maps = years
Scripts can also take a good month or so if their of a good idea.

Scripts that are made in minutes are either buggy or are just simple ideas.

/\ that, good scripts aren't just minutes, a good and complicated system can easily take a week or two if you do decent testing to remove any possible bugs and test all scenarios

the thing is, its hard to analyze someone's contribution, because like it was said before, its not something you can give a straight up value to classify that contribution, something I say answering a question in Support can be a good answer for one person, but completely stupid to another, would that relate to a good contribution or a bad/average one?

I'm not belittling the suggestion, it is a good suggestion, but details like this make a valid implementation of this very hard

I repeat, if there is some outstanding contribution, that absolutely deserves to be rewarded, then we should give so.
e.g the spellcreator made by TGYoshi, that was something oustanding and just awesome. It's things like that, not just simple help.

Maybe it shouldn't be every month someone, like at a sudden moment we're forced to give someone something. It's just as a motivator

no i fully agree, it's a great incentive. When i said a few mins for script i didn't mean complicated systems n shiz but yh :p

I'm learning lua at the moment anyway so go figure.. :>

i guess maybe have a point system like rep? but only mods can give it. And at a regular period/interval those with the top 3 point scores gain "contributor of the month/week/w,e" and get prem. Maybe not just mods but it would need a restriction to prevent abuse. Idk how it would be done efficiently and fairly in terms of the distribution of points. But this idea is something that could be worked from?

@up like talaturen said. Those in the past have received permanent premmy. Cyko for instance.

Back