• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mount System ideas

E

Evil Puncker

hi everyone, this is just a topic to gather ideas in a single place, since cipsoft mount system is very dull
  • Bonus speed for certain fields (snow, sand, underwater, etc)
  • Being able to upgrade mount speed
  • Being able to transform your owned mount back to a voucher (like pokemon back to pokeball) while keeping its stats and being to trade it with other players...

that is it for now, hope the community have more ideas to share :D

Mount addons (these addons could provide some of those boosts and upgrades you mention e.g special 'shoes' for snow)

Battle mounts that you can de-mount and work like a persistent 'summon' but on death they come on a cooldown before they can respawn

Beasts of burden that move slower but able to equip with items that have inventories and able to de-mount them and make them follow you to carry stuff and will work like a regular creature that can die and be looted etc (allowing hp/speed upgrades I guess) - a somewhat safer alternative to lootbags

'Strider' mounts that can walk on top of normally impassable terrain like small plants/jungles, water, poison, lava etc just having +speed and looking cool stops being enjoyable after 10 years lol... give these mounts an actual fun use!

I really like the line of thought, it can become a whole new mini-game!
  • robot mounts shock on equip and/or add electric resistance/vulnerability same goes for each base element, plus some other things on the same style like slug giving hunger satiation lol
  • party mount set giving extra speed/resistance/vulnerability bonus when everyone is using the same mount or base element of mounts
  • humanoid monsters stealing mounts and gaining the buffs/debuffs for a period of time, idk if it's possible but would be cool playing with a variable like that to spice up hunts and shift balance
  • SSJ-PokeMonuts slightly changing colors for each big step on the mount lvl ladder
i can already see myself duelling the water boss on top of my ultra instinct manta ray that also provides drown resistance 😍

If you can only bring maybe 2 mounts with you at all times that gives bonuses, then these two bonuses would be active and stack even if your not mounted. All other mounts must remain in your 'stable'(mount bank). You can of course go and replace your active mounts from the stable.

-They could give cap bonus, say 25 cap each and if you have two active mounts with the same ability, this would result in 50 cap.
-and what others are suggesting with speed buffs, damage, and resistances

Would be kind of easy to design mounts to be targeted for specific vocations. Knights doesnt need 25 more cap, but maybe mages do early/mid game.

Knights could need more resistances or defence, maybe even walking speed instead.

Love the idea about capacity, however realize some players will just equip a mount, stock supplies with + capacity, then switch mount to something with speed or protection/damage bonus. The mount essentially operates as a “overcapacity” feature.

hi everyone, this is just a topic to gather ideas in a single place, since cipsoft mount system is very dull
  • Bonus speed for certain fields (snow, sand, underwater, etc)
  • Being able to upgrade mount speed
  • Being able to transform your owned mount back to a voucher (like pokemon back to pokeball) while keeping its stats and being to trade it with other players...

that is it for now, hope the community have more ideas to share :D
I've all this done, i'll look my files here and share it soon, isn't the best code, maybe i rewrite to share. Looking for more ideas to do a nice Mount System...

Back