• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mountain Tutorial

Fargo

Alright Mapper
Solutions
Reaction score
I have noticed there is a lack of mountain tutorials so I decided to create one for you.

To better help you making mountains here is a palette with all of your mountain needs.

There are several types of mountain styles you are able to make with the grey mountains. In this tutorial I will be creating a canyon-like mountain.

The first thing you should do is turn off autoborder ( You are able to turn this off by hitting 'A' ) then start to create your own outline. It should look something similar to this:
7ar64L4.png

Then you need to decide which floor will best suit your theme. You should choose which ground type will have primary borders overlapping the secondary ground. I chose a more grungy floor type. The rock ground flooring is going to be my primary border.
wZBooCh.png

The next step will be to add debris on my secondary ground type
mmiJrPp.png

I will then decide what borders my mountain will require.
ejQNAfy.png

The first border I will lay down is the darker rock ( ID : 7079 ) in small amounts.
4EGG2J6.png

The next border after that is the rock soil border ( ID : 7641 )
SkDbjxy.png

Then add some dirt borders ( ID : 4667 ) to create some variety
trB4es8.png

Adding some white sand ( ID : 4596 ) every once in awhile will create a nice effect. On top of those mountain borders ( ID : 4456 ) should now be added.
LyFZbnL.png

Another floor of mountain adds a level of depth.
tqQAaiW.png

Border and groundwork.
hPiCM8E.jpg

And finally, details.
69SQ2xK.jpg

I am not the best mapper but nor am I the worst.

Back