• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Movements...

kuks

Reaction score
Hi, somebody know how make teleport when player enter on this fire?
Somebody can tell me step by step how to do it? I know only i have do something in script and movement...

TFS version?
movements/scripts
Lua:
function onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)
    local from, to, setX, setY, setZ, Pos = { x = 258, y = 1934 }, { x = 284, y = 1955 }, math.random(from.x,to.x), math.random(from.y,to.y), 8, {x = setX, y = setY, z = setZ}

function isWalkable(cid, pos)
    pos.stackpos = 0
    if getTileThingByPos(pos).uid ~= 0 then
        local n = getTileInfo(pos)
        if n.house == false and getTopCreature(pos).uid == 0 and doTileQueryAdd(cid, pos) == RETURNVALUE_NOERROR then
            return true
        end
    end    end
    if isWalkable(cid, Pos) then
        doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), CONST_ME_TELEPORT)
        doTeleportThing(cid, Pos)
    else
        return doTeleportThing(cid, fromPosition, true) and doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "Try again.")
    end
    return true
end
Name it what ever you want .lua, This should tp players to range from xyz to xyz random.
add to movements and change actionid/script name and then add it using map editor
XML:
    <movevent type="StepIn" actionid="7070" event="script" value="yourname.lua"/>
since you didn't say your TFS so I posted this one TFS 0.4 and should be working with higher TFS to 1.x I think so.

Apologise i forgot - TFS version 1.3

Przejsciestatek.lua - name script.

So if i want TP from position x= 1101 y= 992 z= 6 to x= 1101 y= 996 z= 6 i have to edit script like that

Code:
function onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)

local from, to, setX, setY, setZ, Pos = { x = 1101, y = 992, z = 6}, { x = 1101, y = 992, z = 6 }, math.random(from.x,to.x), math.random(from.y,to.y), 8, {x = 1101 y = 996, z = set6}

function isWalkable(cid, pos)

pos.stackpos = 0

if getTileThingByPos(pos).uid ~= 0 then

local n = getTileInfo(pos)

if n.house == false and getTopCreature(pos).uid == 0 and doTileQueryAdd(cid, pos) == RETURNVALUE_NOERROR then

return true

end

end    end

if isWalkable(cid, Pos) then

doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid), CONST_ME_TELEPORT)

doTeleportThing(cid, Pos)

else

return doTeleportThing(cid, fromPosition, true) and doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "Try again.")

end

return true

end

I add one line to movement

Code:
<movevent type="StepIn" actionid="7070" event="script" value="przejsciestatek.lua"/>

And the last step change in RME ActionID "7070"

I do everything like i wrote but teleport didn't work...

Change this
XML:
<movevent type="StepIn" actionid="7070" event="script" value="przejsciestatek.lua"/>
to this
XML:
<movevent event="StepIn" actionid="7070" script="przejsciestatek.lua"/>
And tell me how it works, as I mentioned this one is made mainly for 0.4 but I guess it should work.

I change this line in movements but still didn't work...Plus error in my consol

Code:
[Warning - Event::checkScript] Can not load script: scripts/przejsciestatek.lua
data/movements/scripts/przejsciestatek.lua:5: '}' expected near 'y'

Put this instead of the one you have and try.
Lua:
function onStepIn(creature, item, position, fromPosition)
    local player = creature:getPlayer()
    if not player then
        return false
    end
        player:teleportTo(Position(32369, 32232, 7), false)           
    return true
end

Last edited:
Put this instead of the one you have and try.
Lua:
function onStepIn(creature, item, position, fromPosition)
    local player = creature:getPlayer()
    if not player then
        return false
    end
        player:teleportTo(Position(1000, 1000, 7), false)        
    end
    return true
end
Returning false won't negate the onStepIn. You'll need to teleport them back to fromPosition with walk movement and you have an unnecessary end that will cause error.

Returning false won't negate the onStepIn. You'll need to teleport them back to fromPosition with walk movement and you have an unnecessary end that will cause error.
Yeah I edited that and tested it is working now, sorry I am still new to this. you can correct it but I tested in-game it works.

Yeah I edited that and tested it is working now, sorry I am still new to this. you can correct it but I tested in-game it works.
I'm sure it'll ignore the code that follows after you return false. I'm just saying it will still allow the monster to walk on the portal without teleporting it. Yours is good tho, I'm just pointing it out.

I would do like this:
Lua:
local destination = Position(1101, 996, 6)

function onStepIn(creature, item, toPosition, fromPosition)
    if creature:isPlayer() then
        creature:teleportTo(destination)
        destination:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TELEPORT)
    else
        creature:teleportTo(fromPosition, true)
    end
    return true
end

I'm sure it'll ignore the code that follows after you return false. I'm just saying it will still allow the monster to walk on the portal without teleporting it. Yours is good tho, I'm just pointing it out.

I would do like this:
Lua:
local destination = Position(1101, 996, 6)

function onStepIn(creature, item, toPosition, fromPosition)
    if creature:isPlayer() then
        creature:teleportTo(destination)
        destination:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_TELEPORT)
    else
        creature:teleportTo(fromPosition, true)
    end
    return true
end
Yeah I understood what you meant, Thanks he can use yours seems to be more specific.

Ok guys, i didn't check script what you wrote Apollos but many thanks.I spoke with one of user our forum and he give me solution ;)

Code:
function onStepIn(cid, item, pos)

local tp = {x=1101, y=996, z=6} 
   if item.actionid == 50040 then
    doTeleportThing(cid,tp)
    doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid),10)
 end
   return 1
end

And movements

Code:
<movevent event="StepIn" actionid="50040" script="NAME.lua" />

Thanks everybody who try help me!

Guys why you make so complicated scripts ? XD you want to show off or smtin ? simple solutions are the best ones :)

Ok guys, i didn't check script what you wrote Apollos but many thanks.I spoke with one of user our forum and he give me solution ;)

Code:
function onStepIn(cid, item, pos)

local tp = {x=1101, y=996, z=6}
   if item.actionid == 50040 then
    doTeleportThing(cid,tp)
    doSendMagicEffect(getCreaturePosition(cid),10)
end
   return 1
end

And movements

Code:
<movevent event="StepIn" actionid="50040" script="NAME.lua" />

Thanks everybody who try help me!
For the sake of learning. This script is messed up in many ways.

• Even though it will still return true since 1 == true it is not syntactically correct to do so in lua. This gives the impression that 0 is treated as a false boolean which is not the case.
  • Using outdated legacy functions are bad practice when you're using TFS 1.X
  • There is no need to verify that the items action id is right in the script because that is already handled in xml.
  • These onStepIn parameters are misleading, creature data is sent in 1.X onStepIn's, not cid you essentially are reverifying a creature userdata because you are under the impression this is a unique id.
  • Best to use enums for magic effects instead of the numbers so it's easier to identify.
  • local tp can be declared outside the function since it's a universal variable and doesn't need to be declared every time.
EDIT: There's nothing complicated about our scripts at all. We're just correctly writing them.

Last edited:
Back