• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Moving from 8.6 (tfs 0.4) to 10.98 (tfs 1.2)

Fiodor

Lua & Maps
Reaction score
Is this even possible?
I compiled tfs1.2 on my vps, but even when I replace actions folder with my actions from 8.6 version, it shows plenty of bugs

tdjtL56.png

To be honest, I don't really know what to start with. Did anyone try this conversion?

I want to move to 10.98 because it provides mounts, new items, monsters and other cool stuff

Solution
:/
So, if I understood it well, there is no way to run my data folder (compatible with 0.4) on 10.98 client without spending a year~ on modifying every script etc?

There is either spend alot of time on updating 0.4 (not worth it)
Or spend maybe a month or 2 learning the new Lua API and converting the script.

But please note, most of the script are the "base" scripts, ex ladders, food, spells etc you won't have to update them since they come in the 1.3 datapack.
And if you are using an rlmap you could ex download this; TFS update by WibbenZ · Pull Request #302 · orts/server · GitHub
And then run that with 1.3.

But yes you will have to spend some time updating scripts, but it's for a good cause the server will run alot...
Tbh this is the first time I have seen someone wanna update 0.4 to 1098 haha

So okay, I wanna start with saying it's not worth it, if you wanna use 10.98 use 1.2 or 1.3 (GitHub - otland/forgottenserver: A free and open-source MMORPG server emulator written in C++)
0.4 isn't good at all when you compare it with 1.x, thats why people downgrade 1.x to 8.6.

Hey bro, in 10.98 is completly other script system, you need to convert every single script.

If he updates to 1.3 yes and no, you could use the compat scripts to "get by".
But if he actually updates 0.4 and adds everything he needs (ALOT) then no, he could use the same scripts as he does today on 8.6.

But if you imagine all the time you need to spend to add things etc it's not worth it.

So, if I understood it well, there is no way to run my data folder (compatible with 0.4) on 10.98 client without spending a year~ on modifying every script etc?

There is either spend alot of time on updating 0.4 (not worth it)
Or spend maybe a month or 2 learning the new Lua API and converting the script.

But please note, most of the script are the "base" scripts, ex ladders, food, spells etc you won't have to update them since they come in the 1.3 datapack.
And if you are using an rlmap you could ex download this; TFS update by WibbenZ · Pull Request #302 · orts/server · GitHub
And then run that with 1.3.

But yes you will have to spend some time updating scripts, but it's for a good cause the server will run alot better and use alot less memory compared to 0.4 = more players or you can buy a dedicated with less RAM.

Solution
Back