• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Moving towards OTC

What should we do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will changes to idle and walking animations find their way to github? Broken animation is bugging me since day one of using OTC on 10.77 servers and if I understand correctly post from page 12 it's already fixed.

I have just read the first few replies, first I totally agree with updating OTC and its code style.
I have been using OTC on RealTibia.org and had alot problems by using it with TFS 0.4 for 7.72, the stackposes made me go crazy already.
Later when we made the OTC looked like real tibias client I thought it might be a great thing now..
But then I heard from players they had troubles with the OpenGL, so I looked around some and saw there is a option to use DX also. The bad thing on it? - I need a separate .exe now I got 2 .exe's one for OpenGL and one for DX..
Well after I released a DX client players came back for a while - not long because other issues didnt wait long.
Players reported me they had lags by map clicking or sometimes they stucked and the client did keep display the diagonal side step.
Also players reported me they would feel a client lag from time to time..
You also cant use OTC for 7.4 without editing its source to fix the elevation(walking from 2 parcels to 3 parcels, etc.)

All the issues above would have been fixed way faster when the coding style would get an update or even would get rewritten. So I hope that some devs will spend some time soon to fix up few things. Because for now the github is dead and edubart is not intrested in doing anything for otclient anymore, if it's for free.

There are boring tasks:
  • Managing your Depot
  • Tossing and Sorting Lootbags
Organizing depot's/item/loot bag sorting was my thing.
I'd always hear my friends complaining about their 700-2k item messy depot, and beg them to let me organize it. xD
I'm not sure why, but micro-managing / organizing stuff is a great past-time for me.

Will changes to idle and walking animations find their way to github? Broken animation is bugging me since day one of using OTC on 10.77 servers and if I understand correctly post from page 12 it's already fixed.

Yes it will, just wrote a respons in this issue: https://github.com/edubart/otclient/issues/642#issuecomment-218068129

I have just read the first few replies, first I totally agree with updating OTC and its code style.
I have been using OTC on RealTibia.org and had alot problems by using it with TFS 0.4 for 7.72, the stackposes made me go crazy already.
Later when we made the OTC looked like real tibias client I thought it might be a great thing now..
But then I heard from players they had troubles with the OpenGL, so I looked around some and saw there is a option to use DX also. The bad thing on it? - I need a separate .exe now I got 2 .exe's one for OpenGL and one for DX..
Well after I released a DX client players came back for a while - not long because other issues didnt wait long.
Players reported me they had lags by map clicking or sometimes they stucked and the client did keep display the diagonal side step.
Also players reported me they would feel a client lag from time to time..
You also cant use OTC for 7.4 without editing its source to fix the elevation(walking from 2 parcels to 3 parcels, etc.)

All the issues above would have been fixed way faster when the coding style would get an update or even would get rewritten. So I hope that some devs will spend some time soon to fix up few things. Because for now the github is dead and edubart is not intrested in doing anything for otclient anymore, if it's for free.

Well I hope for the same thing, but dosen't look like it.
Might be the same issue im having - time and reason.
The problem with OTC is that it does have alot of errors, during the time I updated the repo I noticed a couple (was some op 8.6 ot) of bugs but not that many, the client was playable till you enterd a room with many players & animations (reason I choose 8.6 is that they always have a room with 1000 tps and just as many effects saying what they are haha)..

About the 7.4 issue, tbh I was thinking about deleting the support for clients below 8.4 or 8.6 just to make it easier.
It seems like those versions are supported more by the "old" dev team, someone responded to me that they are more active with the older versions since it's what they use and unless I have another person who is active with the 7.x versions and can test them etc there is no reason to even trying to fix the bugs since I don't even have a client or server for 7.x.

Yes it will, just wrote a respons in this issue: https://github.com/edubart/otclient/issues/642#issuecomment-218068129

Well I hope for the same thing, but dosen't look like it.
Might be the same issue im having - time and reason.
The problem with OTC is that it does have alot of errors, during the time I updated the repo I noticed a couple (was some op 8.6 ot) of bugs but not that many, the client was playable till you enterd a room with many players & animations (reason I choose 8.6 is that they always have a room with 1000 tps and just as many effects saying what they are haha)..

About the 7.4 issue, tbh I was thinking about deleting the support for clients below 8.4 or 8.6 just to make it easier.
It seems like those versions are supported more by the "old" dev team, someone responded to me that they are more active with the older versions since it's what they use and unless I have another person who is active with the 7.x versions and can test them etc there is no reason to even trying to fix the bugs since I don't even have a client or server for 7.x.

Also 7.x is a part of Tibia which should be cared of, there is not that much to take a eye on apart of the stackposes and the elevation thing, maybe a little more. Removing older Tibia servers from OTC would be a bad step since 7.x also have a damn much amount of botters which will never be fixed with the official tibia client.
Thats why OTC is the only option for 7.x to finally have a bot free server.
And if Im not wrong 8.0 or 8.1 was one of the Most popular clients..
I can already see people selling OTC sources for 7.x and 8.0, 8.1 :p

Organizing depot's/item/loot bag sorting was my thing.
I'd always hear my friends complaining about their 700-2k item messy depot, and beg them to let me organize it. xD
I'm not sure why, but micro-managing / organizing stuff is a great past-time for me.

Would be nice if there was a "search" function, or filters for your depot.
So you could, for example, search for an item, or filter by monster products. etc.

It would still be beneficial to keep your depot sorted, but being able to search and use filters would be great features.

Also 7.x is a part of Tibia which should be cared of, there is not that much to take a eye on apart of the stackposes and the elevation thing, maybe a little more. Removing older Tibia servers from OTC would be a bad step since 7.x also have a damn much amount of botters which will never be fixed with the official tibia client.
Thats why OTC is the only option for 7.x to finally have a bot free server.
And if Im not wrong 8.0 or 8.1 was one of the Most popular clients..
I can already see people selling OTC sources for 7.x and 8.0, 8.1 :p

Im not up to date but 8.6 must be the most popular, atleast when it comes to player amount (probbly 50% who mc's haha)
Well if I had someone who invest time into those versions then sure, but since I havn't playd them for years and never hosted a 7.x server there is no reason why I should update it.
If someone updates it on the main repo I would most likely add it to mine aswell.

But nothing is written in stone yet and if I don't feel like starting it all again I will send my files to someone who can and want to continue.

any news?

Well alot of it was / is done, gonna take a while before I can find time to finish it.
The walking animation is working as it should, might upload that as an individual fix.

How ever thats not the biggest problem with OTC, we still need to find a way to fix the graphics part of it, even if this thread also is dead, you will find more info there.
OTClient Graphics Discussion (Anyone out there more knowledgeable than me?)

But I won't release the code to anyone atm to avoid spamming the forum with support threads, I have given the code to a couple of users and they have been my beta testers ~
Ex Cyntara with the walking animation.

But I won't release the code to anyone atm to avoid spamming the forum with support threads, I have given the code to a couple of users and they have been my beta testers ~
By being open there are more chances that more people join the train to perfect it.

what a dumb reason
we all know why you don't release it, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

By being open there are more chances that more people join the train to perfect it.

Well as I wrote, I have "released it" to certain people who I know won't spam my PM box or the support board.
There is a reason to not release "not working" code.

And with this community and help / open ... well just look at ex OTClient, how many are active in that project?
Look at TFS, how many are active in that project?

All we do is free to use, better to release a working product than to release a thing that will cause havoc on the support boards (trust me).

what a dumb reason
we all know why you don't release it, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sorry / happy to say that I haven't earned a cent on this code or plan to.
If people are experienced with Lua and OTC feel they wanna help out they can PM me, if a member who knows nothing and hosts a download and run server wants it, sorry - no.

Closing the thread for now, as I said if someone who has experience in OTC and Lua wants to help - PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back