• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spell Mug Rune

ziggy46802

Reaction score
Edit items.xml, the item ID being 2297 for this:

XML:
	<item id="2297" article="a" name="mug rune">
		<attribute key="runeSpellName" value="adana furari" />
		<attribute key="type" value="rune" />
		<attribute key="weight" value="120" />
	</item>

Put this script in data/spells/scripts/custom spells

mug rune.lua
Lua:
local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TARGETCASTERORTOPMOST, true)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_MAGIC_RED)

function onCastSpell(cid, var)

doSendMagicEffect(getThingPosition(cid), CONST_ME_MAGIC_GREEN)

local final = (getPlayerSkillLevel(cid, 0)*100)

local mugchance = math.random(0, final)

local gold = math.random(1, getPlayerSkillLevel(cid,0))

if mugchance > 1000 then
	doPlayerAddItem(cid, 2148, gold)
doCreatureSay(cid, "You successfully mugged the creature.", TALKTYPE_ORANGE_1)
else
doCreatureSay(cid, "You tried but failed to mug the creature.", TALKTYPE_ORANGE_1) 
	end
return true
end

and put this at the top of spells.xml

XML:
<!-- Custom Runes -->
	<rune name="Mug Rune" id="2297" allowfaruse="0" charges="3" lvl="12" maglv="0" exhaustion="30000" aggressive="1" needtarget="1" blocktype="solid" event="script" value="custom spells/mug rune.lua"/>

and put this underneath where the <conjure></conjure> part of the UH rune is
XML:
	<conjure name="Mug Rune" words="adana furari" lvl="18" mana="380" soul="10" reagentId="2260" conjureId="2297" conjureCount="3" exhaustion="1000" needlearn="0" event="function" value="conjureRune">
		<vocation id="2"/>
		<vocation id="6"/>
	</conjure>

INFO
Charges: 3
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Faruse: must be touching creature to use it
Words: adana furari
Mana: 380
Vocations: Only druids can make
Level to make: 18
Soul: 10
Level to use: 12, mL 0

What's it Do?
This rune steals gold (the amount being between 1 and your fist fighting skill) from any creature. Your chances of getting gold look like this (fist skill-wise): 10 = .01%, 20 = 50%, 30 = 66%, 40 = 75%, 50 = 80%, and so forth.

The cooldown is set at 30 seconds so that it can not be abused, it should not be sold in shops, and only druids can make it. You can use the rune twice on the same creature, but only after 30 seconds, there is really no easy way of getting around this but I don't see it as a big problem. Low levels can use it, but only level 18 druids can make them and they take 10 soul for 3 charges, so mass producing these things is quite hard to do.

Rep me if you think this is a cool idea or if you use it in your server! Much appreciated!

If anyone has anything they'd like to see added to this or changed just tell me and I will take it into consideration, and also give you credit for any new ideas I decide to implement of course!

Last edited:
I like it. Thanks, I will use but alter for a different class to make thinking theif and sage is all, or maybe just theif :D

rep+

Back