• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Webdesign My 2nd PS try :3

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
First try: http://otland.net/f42/my-first-ps-try-xd-166405/

Here goes take 2:
nostoey.png

devfile:
2ndtry.jpg

Critic please, I assume I have gotten a bit better than last time, but I don't have any expectations of beating the class quite yet.
Everything in this layout is 100% made by me, the logo, and the boxes. (which essentially is what this website is).

And I kinda suck at drawing, so the radio store has to accept that logo. x)

If anyone wants this, I will release it tomorrow.

Layouts fine dislike font and colour. But its simple, no flashy flashy love you wong time which is good :)

- - - Updated - - -

Keep it up :)

clear

Did u make it in PS? I think it's almost fully possible to make it in css3, isn't it?

clear

Did u make it in PS? I think it's almost fully possible to make it in css3, isn't it?

ye prolly, this is a task from school though to become better at photoshop. :p

I didn't read first thread : / Anyway radio logo is even cool because is simple

Thanks :) I am not a good graphical artist yet and I barely know how to use photoshop, so my goal was to make it super simplistic in an attempt to hide my lack of knowledge. :3
Also heard from people that a logo should not have too many details in it. So it can be minimized alot and still be visible.

Too big text, make it smaller.

Nicely placed, fixed and simple.

Looks pretty good compared to the first try :) I do recommend you to start using 960 grid system, which available Here! This will help you alot. Download it and use the photoshop file included (not the css & html files :p).

Another thing you could improve is that you use more space between for example the text header and its description. I recommend you to use Myriad Pro / Tahoma fonts and also make the fonts a little bit smaller.
I also recommend you to use Kuler, for generating color themes that can inspire any project you might work with. You can find it Here.

Good luck :)

Looks pretty good compared to the first try :) I do recommend you to start using 960 grid system, which available Here! This will help you alot. Download it and use the photoshop file included (not the css & html files :p).

Another thing you could improve is that you use more space between for example the text header and its description. I recommend you to use Myriad Pro / Tahoma fonts and also make the fonts a little bit smaller.
I also recommend you to use Kuler, for generating color themes that can inspire any project you might work with. You can find it Here.

Good luck :)

The width of the website is 960px, so I assumed that's what my teacher meant by "960 grid system". (Why isn't there a 1200px standarized system? That would fit most screens and allow bigger website impressions).
I am already using kuler.adobe.com, search "retro radio". Thats the color pallet I am using here. :p

But yeah text, styling between header and describtion, fonts is not something I have put priority in, fonting should be fixed properly in CSS not in photoshop. D:

The width of the website is 960px, so I assumed that's what my teacher meant by "960 grid system". (Why isn't there a 1200px standarized system? That would fit most screens and allow bigger website impressions).
I am already using kuler.adobe.com, search "retro radio". Thats the color pallet I am using here. :p

But yeah text, styling between header and describtion, fonts is not something I have put priority in, fonting should be fixed properly in CSS not in photoshop. D:

Yeah I know that but everything should look good when designing in photoshop, with that I mean fonts too. Look here for example:

I've used exactly the same colors as you but changed the font "settings" and got this result:

JoErttv.png

And with rulers:

TE0vwjH.png

I can also help you improve this layout by adding more effects to it! :)

Last edited:
Yeah I know that but everything should look good when designing in photoshop, with that I mean fonts too. Look here for example:

I've used exactly the same colors as you but changed the font "settings" and got this result:

And with rulers:

I can also help you improve this layout by adding more effects to it! :)

Ohh, that looks awesome! D:

So, I should use the grid template, use more air between the elements, and proper fonting. :eek:

Last edited:
Ohh, that looks awesome! D:

So, I should use the grid template, use more air between the elements, and proper fonting. :eek:

Exactly :p every single detail is important when designing in photoshop! :D
Now next step is to add some simple effects to the design :)

EDIT:

Here's an example of what kind of effects you could apply to the design :)

M3tQUk.png

Last edited:
Nice modification Andy! hahahaha, there you go Znote, your project is finished.

Back