• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My First Map; Si'Rotik [WIP]

winter333

Reaction score
This is my first WIP Map, Si'Rotik. I've never actually mapped before. I've just browsed the mapping section to see some different techniques and what looks nice. I was hoping everyone here could criticize me (That includes negative criticism) on my techniques. This map is a WIP, keep in mind. If people could give me some pro-tips, I'd be happy to modify the current design of the map.
I hope you can all help me with this Mapping Project. Here are the current pictures:

Picture 1: Enterance to Kroh'Veur, The first village you will settle in on your adventure.

enterancekrohveur.png

Picture 2: The full view of Kroh'Veur.

townkrohveur.png

Picture 3: The full view of Si'Rotik as it is currently.

sirotik.png

Please, I'd appreciate the criticism on this map so far. I'll edit it as i go along and receive more tips on what to add/remove to make it look better. Thanks if you can help me!

@ Sharp:
I'm still working on the town, I'm going to add a separate island half a little bit Southeast. It'll be connected by a small bridge.

@ Jake The Snake:
I am planning to expand it more to the east. I'll add a mainland as soon as I'm ready to add that. I just started this about an hour ago :D.

EDIT:
@ Sharp:
Don't EVER use auto border or just in certain places?

Last edited:
Using no auto boarder on mountains makes it look odd.

Winter, these guys are idiots. You CAN use autoborder, you just need to learn when to turn it off and use the RAW palate.

You will know when to turn off autoborder, judging from what you have already done, and considering this is your first attempt I have a lot of faith in you improving.

Good luck, and happy mapping!

Using no auto boarder on mountains makes it look odd.

You know nothing about mapping.
With RAW you are less likely to make bugs because you know what you're doing, the autoborder was a waste of time, Remeres map editor is basically an easier version (easier to find sprites) and put them together and make something nice.

Using the autoborder tool to make a map is just plain stupid. You'd have to have some sort of mental illness or moral defect to ever think about using autoborder. The mountains and autoborder makes a lot of bugs with the mountain e.g: With raw you can plan the shape alot easier.
With autoborder you basically just feel like spamming it and instead you get a shit-load of border errors and a horrible looking map that should actually rot in hell for eternity.

//kthnxbai

You know nothing about mapping.
With RAW you are less likely to make bugs because you know what you're doing, the autoborder was a waste of time, Remeres map editor is basically an easier version (easier to find sprites) and put them together and make something nice.

Using the autoborder tool to make a map is just plain stupid. You'd have to have some sort of mental illness or moral defect to ever think about using autoborder. The mountains and autoborder makes a lot of bugs with the mountain e.g: With raw you can plan the shape alot easier.
With autoborder you basically just feel like spamming it and instead you get a shit-load of border errors and a horrible looking map that should actually rot in hell for eternity.

//kthnxbai

I'm still learning of course. I get where you're coming from with raw. But still, It seems like it'd take so much time to complete when i could just use auto border on some parts of it. I'll try to use the raw palette instead if you say so.

I'm still learning of course. I get where you're coming from with raw. But still, It seems like it'd take so much time to complete when i could just use auto border on some parts of it. I'll try to use the raw palette instead if you say so.

The sooner you start mapping 100% with raw, you get better, faster and know a lot more things about how the map editor works ;)

Back