• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My first time mapping

Zuxus

Learning C++ and Lua
Reaction score
Hello. It's the first time I really open a map editor, and I wanted to try. It's nothing much but I want your opinion and suggestions on things that I can improve etc. It's nothing special, but it's a start:D Give them a 1/10 if you want, if so tell me how to improve:D.

Amateur1-1.jpg

Amateur2-2.jpg

EDIT:

Amateur3.jpg

Amateur4.jpg

And an extra cave, ran out of details,so didn't know what more to add, helP?
Amateur5.jpg

Last edited:
basicly not much to improve,but maybee add some things growing on the wall to the house maybee a window add some plants and stuff on the mouatin stuff that original wasent desigend to be there but looks good try it out

On the island, remove that spike thingy from the house wall.

More important stuff:
-You use too many tree types. Limit yourself to 3~ types per area(In this island, i'd suggest sycamores and pears)
-Randomize the grass and add grass tufts(there are some, but only in one part of the island). This gives a much better outcome :)
-Detail the house with interiors, add some stuff on the walls(hangables).
-Add a small mountain ontop of your mountain, it looks empty :p

That's it for the island i guess(except for making it bigger). I'll let someone else tell you what to improve on that cave :p

Make some more details on the tempel the rest of it look okej

Back