• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My map overview - still in process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afelipe

Reaction score
ot1.png ot2.png ot3.png ot4.png
Im still working on them, this is basic overview of how they are looking. Any tips and positive criticism are welcome.
It's my first map by the way

Last edited:
every aspect of these maps is bad, you can improve in every way possible.

and do you not have the common sense to turn off spawn fields and special tiles before taking a screeny????????

every aspect of these maps is bad, you can improve in every way possible.

and do you not have the common sense to turn off spawn fields and special tiles before taking a screeny????????

"this is basic overview of how they are looking" in other words its not the final result. I don't know if you know what positive criticism or tips mean, but let me put it in easier words for you: Give me detailed info in how I can improve it. Your comment is too general. Thanks for the comment though.
Also, don't come talking to me about common sense, I'm not being disrespectful and I'm expecting the same thing from you or anyone else. You can kindly say it.

i'm being serious, literally everything can be improved. it's to the point where advice wouldn't be enough, you need to look at maps (good ones, not these recent shits ppl have been posting) on your own and like i said compare them to your own

Lol'd at templetown.
Pretty cool heh? :D

i'm being serious, literally everything can be improved. it's to the point where advice wouldn't be enough, you need to look at maps (good ones, not these recent shits ppl have been posting) on your own and like i said compare them to your own
Id love to see your maps. I might be able to improve in many aspects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool heh? :D
No, quite the contrary. Looks like you wanted a "temple town" and threw that abomination together in 5 minutes.

This is why the OTServ community is failing. No one wants to invest the proper time needed to create a proper tibia map.

Cursed by instant gratification.

No, quite the contrary. Looks like you wanted a "temple town" and threw that abomination together in 5 minutes.

This is why the OTServ community is failing. No one wants to invest the proper time needed to create a proper tibia map.

Cursed by instant gratification.
I honestly dont understand what you mean.. I had all the intention of naming it like that. I really dont get your point? Also, read carfully its my first damn map. I came here for tips not to get trashed at... How can you assure it took me 5 minutes? If you want more screenshots to see how big it is you should ask first and then say anything positive if you have any. Seriously you guys need some reading and critical thinking classes.

@Zithium, stop being so critical to new mappers.
It's cool to see all of these new mappers but they need to look at other maps by other user's who have more experience. So Afelipe you have a lot of room to improve and the list could go on for awhile. The best advice I can give you is to look at these top threads : http://otland.net/forums/mapping-showoff.57/?order=view_count
But I can help you begin with some things that won't be mentioned in these ; Whenever you take a screenshot don't ever zoom out, it looks horrible, and when you take the screenshot hit f11. Now take off autoborder when you're mapping, it will take a longer time but the desired effect will be worthwhile. I could continue but as I said it would go on for awhile.

It's cool to see all of these new mappers but they need to look at other maps by other user's who have more experience. So Afelipe you have a lot of room to improve and the list could go on for awhile. The best advice I can give you is to look at these top threads : http://otland.net/forums/mapping-showoff.57/?order=view_count
But I can help you begin with some things that won't be mentioned in these ; Whenever you take a screenshot don't ever zoom out, it looks horrible, and when you take the screenshot hit f11. Now take off autoborder when you're mapping, it will take a longer time but the desired effect will be worthwhile. I could continue but as I said it would go on for awhile.
Thanks for the tips Dark, I send you a private message.

no reason to take off autobordering, just be smart about it

I know that. I typically first suggest it so it can help them realize about how borders can be used to make it look a little better. Autoborder does have it's purposes, but first they need to understand how the editor works and to know how to use it.

I know that. I typically first suggest it so it can help them realize about how borders can be used to make it look a little better. Autoborder does have it's purposes, but first they need to understand how the editor works and to know how to use it.
Agree

Nice project
Thanks!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just leave the threat if you dont like it. I wont argue with people like you.
i don't think that applies in a mapping 'showoff' thread. this is not mapping 'help' or mapping 'advice', you showoff your map and if it sucks i'll tell you. i told u theres simply too much advice to give, ur maps are seriously that bad

I don't even want to comment on the looks of the maps, but I can give you this advice:

Screenshots of maps for showoff are best taken ingame with a non-resized screen, or in map editor (when you press CTRL + middle click. Also if you take them in map editor, turn off all visible effects such as spawns, stairs, houses, pz, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back