• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows My OT crashes everytime

MauroSicard

Reaction score
My OT everytime give this error: The Forgotten Server has stopped working.

Sometimes it keep ON for 12 hours, but normally it crashes in 30 mins - 2 hours and the players are leaving, I need one solution, I can also change it to Linux but I dont know how to do it, or what to change to run it on Linux.

Can anyone help me? I dont know why it crashes, I think it might be a bug. If anyone can help me in MSN, Facebook, Skype or other it will be very grateful.

Thanks to all :)

Excellent I want to make one, any one have a Tutorial? Or can help me please :D ?

- - - Updated - - -

Or anyone knows how to open the OT on Linux? :)

Try running in Windows Server 2003 Compatibility, if the errors continue definitely change to Linux.

Try running in Windows Server 2003 Compatibility, if the errors continue definitely change to Linux.

What do you mean with that? Can you show me how? Thanks you very much

- - - Updated - - -

Use search tool otland have a lot of tutorial.

Cant find one, can you show me a tutorial, please? Thanks you very much :D !

- - - Updated - - -

Other question my friend, how do I run it on Linux, do i need to get another client? Or what do i need to do ? Sorry about a lot of questions.

If you compile it following all the instructions correctly, then you will don't need to edit anything in sources, unless you wanna add any another stuff in sources.

Why are we directing a new person to the community down a difficult road anyway?
Yeah so uhh I don't know how to fix your problem off the top of my head so yeah ahh get linux all your problenz solved #yolo
/whole thread jumps on linux bandwagon and ruins newbies life

I'm not knocking linux, it's the way to go for sure.
Setting up open tibia on windows is difficult enough for someone completely new, cramming an operating system he has never experienced down his throat at the same time is insane!
If this had of been done to me when I first started up I would have likely thrown it in the fuckthat-toohard basket.

Okay, @MauroSicard -- Can you please provide us with a link to where you acquired your server?
The name of the release thread, or the notes held within should identify the distribution and version for us.

Also, has the server ever crashed with no players online, or only you online?

Thanks

Back