• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My ot website! HELP!!!

gotille

Reaction score
Hello guys, Today when i got a new router and finally tought i could open my ot with a fast network speed it wont work!
Example!!: When I want to enter my own website it will connect me to my router start page! (For other players it will just be a blank page)

--> http://silyra.sytes.net

So if anyone have any idea what the problem could be PLEASE by all means tell me how to fix it!

I been trying to fix this for a while now searching google evrywhere and so i tought like this.
Maybe my router port thingy crashses with apache and bcuz of that i can't look at my website so i tried to change the port to the router its impossible
So i posted this picture if you don't understand what i mean

Router.jpg

Regards // Gotille

Last edited:
Does not matter how many routers/modems your buy. That will not change your speed. Have you follow the tutorials here in otland? Have you search for this problem before you post your own?

If you want to change your speed you need to contact the internet holder, and tell him you want to have a higher speed of you internet. I think a port never can crash.

I know the router and that won't increse the speed but i needed the change the company so i did, And ive been searching for this problem quite a long time now but never found a solution so know i posted here!

c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Edit that file , that will solve the Router home page screen ( at least worked for me :p )

What IP-address do you use? Open "run" type "cmd" and press enter, then type "ipconfig" and press enter. Then a list of your connection status will pop up. Search after "ipv4address" and type in that address in the address-bar of your web-browser. After these steps, you need to either download xampp or uniserv, or any other similar program. And from there you need to search otland for files to put in your "www" folder if your using uniserv or "htdocs" with xampp. Over and out.

Kind Regards,

What IP-address do you use? Open "run" type "cmd" and press enter, then type "ipconfig" and press enter. Then a list of your connection status will pop up. Search after "ipv4address" and type in that address in the address-bar of your web-browser. After these steps, you need to either download xampp or uniserv, or any other similar program. And from there you need to search otland for files to put in your "www" folder if your using uniserv or "htdocs" with xampp. Over and out.

Kind Regards,

Namnl_s.jpg

If you read that you can simply see that i know what im doing but if you look at the picture at the start my router website uses the port 80 to open and i can't change it!!! =( (Can't do it in the router config either)

Are you sure you opened the ports?
Are you sure you actually have a website to show? (Is znote,gesior or whatever you are using installed)

Well i just tried to get it work with Gesior and nope and if my ports not actully open how else can i open them!!!! =)

If this could be any help?
Namnl_s.jpg

then get a website (modernaac/znote/gesior) and edit the config so you have the website you want.

REP +++ please rep if i helped you..

Message me if you need more help..
jag är svensk :)

- - - Updated - - -

then get a website (modernaac/znote/gesior) and edit the config so you have the website you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the bad thing is i can't understand you at all! -.-

When hosting a website from a local PC behind a router you need to be careful to use the public IP that your service provider has given you. Beware this is often not a static address and may change frequently. To address this you can use some type of DynDNS service if your router supports it.

Second, you will need to add a rule in your router's firewall to allow the traffic from the public internet to reach the computer behind the router. This can be done either with a DMZ (less secure) or a port forwarding.

When you are trying to access the web page, type in the local ip of the computer you have setup the server on. This should take you to the apache server. You are likely just typing in the wrong IP. Try something like http://127.0.0.1/ (127.0.0.1 is the same as localhost) to make sure you get the apache server from the computer that is running the server.

PS:It might be that your ISP is blocking traffic on port 80. Some ISPs don't allow you to host web servers and may be blocking inbound traffic on that port.

You can also check if ports are open or not HERE

When hosting a website from a local PC behind a router you need to be careful to use the public IP that your service provider has given you. Beware this is often not a static address and may change frequently. To address this you can use some type of DynDNS service if your router supports it.

Second, you will need to add a rule in your router's firewall to allow the traffic from the public internet to reach the computer behind the router. This can be done either with a DMZ (less secure) or a port forwarding.

When you are trying to access the web page, type in the local ip of the computer you have setup the server on. This should take you to the apache server. You are likely just typing in the wrong IP. Try something like http://127.0.0.1/ (127.0.0.1 is the same as localhost) to make sure you get the apache server from the computer that is running the server.

PS:It might be that your ISP is blocking traffic on port 80. Some ISPs don't allow you to host web servers and may be blocking inbound traffic on that port.

You can also check if ports are open or not HERE

Alright i noticed now that i should try to open a 8.0 ot so its not my router fucking up and i could not host a 8.0 so maybe its something with my router?

Back