• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My Tibia server Lags :S

Nofus

Reaction score
Hi. I've had a few small tibia servers such as Armonia map, Roxor etc. You guys know theese small maps.

Everytime I've had a server, When it gets to about 15 people + on the server, I mean about 9 of them complains about serious heavy lag :S I don't know why..

This is my specs:
CPU : Intel core i7 920 2.67 Ghz
RAM: 12GB <- This is just temporarly I use to have 6GB wich is awesome anyway.
GPU: GTX 460 <- Just some normal Good GPU, Nothing wrong with it.

Internet
I've got 100 mb/s Download and 10mb/s Upload. 100/10.

On speed test I get about 96 Download and 9,50 Upload.

Yes, I know my upload speed isn't the best, But I've seen and heard that MANY other OT owners has like 2 mb/s upload and download and they can handle like 40-50 players without any issues or maybe some minor lags.

I've also tried to turn off all programs, MSN , Skype, EVERYTHING, Just having my OT on.

I've tried to play on my server with another PC and just host on my own.

Seriously it's pissing me off since I've got a really bad ass PC and a good internet connection and It lags , I'm not using any router since it's some modern thing in my house that we don't need a router for internet, just a cable directly into the wall , no ports that are needed to get opened or anything, Just download and run the server. Could it be because i'm using MYSQL? Apache? Is there any other way of hosting an OT that maybe has fixed lags? :S

What's wrong? Please help? :S I've tried turning of things as anti virus programs, Firewall. I mean everything, Could this be the OS ? :S I doubt that.. Any ideas why this is lagging rly rly much when i get about 14-15 players ? :S

BTW: I do NOT have any virus in my PC or anything like that, I'm using Avast PRO antivirus. And i've scanned my PC several times with different antivirus programs such as kaspersky, search and destroy, etc.. Cleaned my pc and registry a bit with Ccleaner.

Please help .. / Nofus.

well, it's the upload that you host with, not the download.. Also 10 MB isn't that much, especially not if it ain't fiber connection :p

I have Fiber connection, And Other people that i've seen hosts OT's with 40-50 players with 5mb/s or 2mb/s with only Some lags or minor ones. :S Why do I get huge lags at 12-15 players? with 10mb/s up?

I'm impossibly being pinged everytime i start my OT lol. For No reason at all? And i've had different ot's for like months. Different players. So no, And how can I have connection problems? :S I never get disconnected from my internet or get rly low connection anytime. I always get 90+ then trying speed test.

I would recommend these things for your Computer :

1. Get a faster Download/Upload Speed from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
2. De-fragment/Clean Up your drives with the Application given from you by Microsoft.
3. Install CCleaner and run it.
4. Clear out a lot of un-useful files from your computer. Run CCleaner.
5. Get a better RAM/Computer.

Use this encase you are being Pinged :

http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.html

Hope i Helped :)

I would recommend these things for your Computer :

1. Get a faster Download/Upload Speed from your ISP (Internet Service Provider)
2. De-fragment/Clean Up your drives with the Application given from you by Microsoft.
3. Install CCleaner and run it.
4. Clear out a lot of un-useful files from your computer. Run CCleaner.
5. Get a better RAM/Computer.

Use this encase you are being Pinged :

Block Ping Traffic with IPSec

Hope i Helped :)

Well, You helped alot yes :-D But I think 12 GB RAM and an i7 is enough for a small OT :p Even 2 GB RAM is enough. And you probably missed what I've written, I already ran CCleaner and cleaned alot of stuff.

But thank you for giving me the link just incase if somebody was pinging me (Y) !

I think 100/10 is enough to host for about 80 people. But that it lags when I got 15 players !? It doesn't make any sence.

Thank you anyway Kira & Tauku! :D

Anybody else got any other ideas of what might make it lag this much ? :S

Well, You helped alot yes :-D But I think 12 GB RAM and an i7 is enough for a small OT :p Even 2 GB RAM is enough. And you probably missed what I've written, I already ran CCleaner and cleaned alot of stuff.

But thank you for giving me the link just incase if somebody was pinging me (Y) !

I think 100/10 is enough to host for about 80 people. But that it lags when I got 15 players !? It doesn't make any sence.

Thank you anyway Kira & Tauku! :D

Anybody else got any other ideas of what might make it lag this much ? :S

Are you using Uniserver? XAMPP is known for security problems, as well as Gesior account, I would recommend getting Uniserver/Modern AAC if you already haven't.

That has nothing to do with network latency to the gameserver.

Switching to UniServ won't improve performance of his gameserver, protect him versus ICMP ping or (D)Dos.

I use Gesior and Xampp yes, But I deeply doubt that i'm being pinged . . .

Either my 10 mb/s upload, Apparently can't handle more than 15 players online.

Because my CPU performance is at 5 percent or something. <- THAT'S NOTHING While i'm hosting. If I run Tibia and connect at the same PC it might go up to 8-10 %

My RAM is at 35 % While Hosting with 6 GB RAM. Right now I got 12 GB so it will be like 25 % Wich is also NOTHING.

It's either my internet connection, wich is really weird since other people are hosting with much lower internet connection and they can handle more than I can do

BTW: I'm sharing my internet with 1 more PC in my house. But When I do speed test when i run my third computer too sharing internet with 3 PCs in the house. I get 90 + download and 9+ upload. So it's the same thing.

Also when I shut down all other PC's, it still lags a bit, I've got MANY MANY complains on heavy lags and kicks :S

You have nothing wrong with your computer specs, its perfectly capable to host more players then you'll ever get. You might have a problem with your internet connection (dropped packets?, maybe a router/modem issue?, isp throttled?). If you know your internet connection is reliable, you should check to make sure you don't have any scripts causing problems. You said this happens with more servers then just 1, so I don't think this is a tfs issue at all though.

You have nothing wrong with your computer specs, its perfectly capable to host more players then you'll ever get. You might have a problem with your internet connection (dropped packets?, maybe a router/modem issue?, isp throttled?). If you know your internet connection is reliable, you should check to make sure you don't have any scripts causing problems. You said this happens with more servers then just 1, so I don't think this is a tfs issue at all though.
Yes exactly, But I do not have any router in my home.. No ports that are needed to open or anything, just plug the cable into the wall and you got internet with all the ports opened ( Except for some ports that are blocked ofc for intruding and safety for windows etc.) But i can host any game, any server anytime. So it can't have anything to do with my network can it? I always get good speed test as it should when i try it everyime.

ye, propably packetloss. Try pinging a website using CMD "ping google.se" but try some other site. Google is really trafficed :p.

Ping with 100 packages and see how many packages u lost "ping website.com -t"

Well, i see theres no problem with your internet connection, since mine looks like this

And i already had over 170 players online with zero laggs, i dont know the problem with your players, but im just saying that theres no problems with your internet connection.

Well, i see theres no problem with your internet connection, since mine looks like this

And i already had over 170 players online with zero laggs, i dont know the problem with your players, but im just saying that theres no problems with your internet connection.
ROFL!! Dude I got 96 download and 9-10 upload. Lmao. And You can handle 170 players that's sick. hmm I'll try to re install the whole shit, windows and everything just clean the pc, and i'll try hosting a server from beginning :) thx anyway,

lier.

Not a chance in the world you hosted 170 players without laggs on 1mb upload speed.

Back