• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My upcoming lua editor "LUAPad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delirium

OTLand veteran
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello.I decided to start making an editor for lua files.It would be a notepad style editor with many advanced features such as syntax highlighting.

In this thread I'll present a screenshot of the program and also the so-far supported features.You can also request your own features!

Features so far:
  • LUA Syntax Highlighting
  • Line counter
  • Opens files
  • Saves files
  • Reads options from INI file
  • Can be on top
  • Text Zoom
  • Undo,redo,copy,cut,paste,select all
  • Word Wrap
  • Can have bold text

Screenshot: (If you can't see it,use the attached one)

view.php

Feature Requests:

• Listbox with functions

LUAPad.JPG

Stay Tuned,
Nikolas.

Last edited:
Looks great, Nikolas! :) I'll try it out for sure, but I hope it'll be better than Notepad++ ;)

Hehe, add a listbox so you can choose functions for example:). For now Notepad++ is still better but if you continue and add that for example it can be better:)

Do you want suggestions to feautures?

Will this program benefit us more than Notepad++? Or is it mostly for own learning?

Do you want suggestions to feautures?

Will this program benefit us more than Notepad++? Or is it mostly for own learning?

For my own learning.About the benefit matter,I'd say it will and that's because I am going to add quest,outfit and spell creators.Also,yes,I am accepting feature suggestions.

@Master-m,yeah that's going to be added too

If you need an tester just send me an pm + an download link and i'll test/ request a few new things if i'm missing somting

Function List implemented.It reads the function from a file and then stores them into a list box.Quest creator implemented.It is not fully finished but it will be finished for sure.

Images

Quests:
quests.JPG

Functions:
functions.JPG

Note:
Function highlighting is not implemented.I need to find a way to make the program include that kind of highlighting without making the program lag while typing.If anyone has a solution,it's welcome :D

Nice!

Suggestions that I require before I'd think of using such tool for editing my scripts instead of Notepad++:
- Finding SIMPLE and COMMON errors (such as missing ends, commas at tables and stuff)
- +/- on blocks, that means:
Code:
if something then
  -- some lines of code
end

Now I press - on the if-statements, turns into:
Code:
if something then
end

And now it wait for +

- Simple tabbing (decrease, increase with multiline, like in Np++)

Nice!

Suggestions that I require before I'd think of using such tool for editing my scripts instead of Notepad++:
- Finding SIMPLE and COMMON errors (such as missing ends, commas at tables and stuff)
- +/- on blocks, that means:
Code:
if something then
  -- some lines of code
end

Now I press - on the if-statements, turns into:
Code:
if something then
end

And now it wait for +

- Simple tabbing (decrease, increase with multiline, like in Np++)

About the first one,it will be added.I didn't get the second one.The third one will be implemented as well.

I'm pretty sure he ment "hiding/showing" if's, while's etc.
Like there's a + and a - symbol next to each function which will hide it's content.

And error message.

What do i mean, If you made a bug in the script and you dident see it. You want to close it, it will give an error message <Are you sure you want to safe this lua file? We have detected an error in line (). Are you sure you want to save and close? Yes/No

remeber to add the lines at the margin showin that the function has ended, or if u need to end that function (like on notepad++).

And error message.

What do i mean, If you made a bug in the script and you dident see it. You want to close it, it will give an error message <Are you sure you want to safe this lua file? We have detected an error in line (). Are you sure you want to save and close? Yes/No

That requires the use of an external program but it will be implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back