• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

MYSQL, Storages and Values in Alfanumeric

Vikarious

Reaction score
Hello OtLand Community!!

I was questioning myself what would happen if I use letters as storages and values in players_storage.

Then, I made a NPC and set storage as "rex" and value as 1. During my interaction with that NPC I could find out that the storage "rex" and value "1" were recorded and NPC could retrieve that information and work with that.

So I kept "rex" and changed 1 to "targaryen", I did found out that the NPC now, couldn't retrive this information.

But I noticed that on players_storage the field for

"key" are "int(10)"
and
"value" are "varchar(255)".

Then I found myself thinking: Why does it accept "rex" as "key" but doesn't accept "targaryen" as value even though "value" field accept "varchar(255)"?

Then I changed "key" to number and kept "value" as "targaryen". No results could be retrived.

Then I started to think: Even "value" tehorically(?) accepting varchar, maybe TFS itself can't handle this information as letters, only numbers.

Then I went to my MySql DB and did a search for key "rex" on players_storage, no results were retrivied.

Does anyone know if TFS itself changes this 'letter' information info somekind of numericstamp itself?

I became very curious about it.

If we could use "key" or "value" as letter or alfanumeric, it would be a lot easier to keep tracking of quests and stuff.

Thanks in advance for any clarification about the subject!

Back