• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NAT loopback problem

Core_

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, guys.
Well, I've been breaking my head with this, so my modem doesnt support nat loopback, so I cant log in to my server thru my global ip, neither thru no-ip.

And when I try to log in using "localhost" I get to the character list but cant log in.
If I set the Ip to "localhost" in config.lua, I can log into the game but other people cant. Does someone had this problem before?, how could I solve this?, Its really annoying.

If your problem is what I think it is, yes I have had a friend with the same issue. We never did figure out a way around it though. Your options are somewhat limited really, you can use global ip, lan ip, localhost. Localhost clearly works since it loads char list but it does not let you get into the server... it is an odd problem and the only way we were able to solve it was to replace his router sadly.

Just in case try to play with the ip in servers.xml. Try global/lan/localhost ips. The only other option is possibly using a separate login server? We have used one before but I can't remember if it was on the same router as the one that was causing the problem you described.

Nat Loopback is not recuired. Search for the "DMZ" function and direct it to your local lan i.p address that hosts the server. in config.lua fill in your wan I.p address.

If your problem is what I think it is, yes I have had a friend with the same issue. We never did figure out a way around it though. Your options are somewhat limited really, you can use global ip, lan ip, localhost. Localhost clearly works since it loads char list but it does not let you get into the server... it is an odd problem and the only way we were able to solve it was to replace his router sadly.

Just in case try to play with the ip in servers.xml. Try global/lan/localhost ips. The only other option is possibly using a separate login server? We have used one before but I can't remember if it was on the same router as the one that was causing the problem you described.
Yea, so the problem is client-sided 'cause I cant use the client with my global ip so I cant log in, and if I use the client with localhost I can only get in the character list.

Nat Loopback is not recuired. Search for the "DMZ" function and direct it to your local lan i.p address that hosts the server. in config.lua fill in your wan I.p address.
:S I tried DMZ but didnt work, it is poiting to the computer where I'm hosting the server, but I still cant log in.

Humn thats not the problem you see, I've all those ports open, and people can actually get into my server, the problem is I cant

Excuse me i misunderstood:p i had this problem to.

Try
127.0.0.1 (If you are hosting it)
Else
use intern ip address

Excuse me i misunderstood:p i had this problem to.

Try
127.0.0.1 (If you are hosting it)
Else
use intern ip address
Im grateful you're trying to help :p, but that wont solve it as I said before if I use "localhost", "127.0.0.1" or my local ip I can get to the character list but cant log in.

Im grateful you're trying to help :p, but that wont solve it as I said before if I use "localhost", "127.0.0.1" or my local ip I can get to the character list but cant log in.

Jup thats why i use my internal i.p address in my case 192.168.2.6 and it works. if i use something else only characterlist will load and i;m unable to log in for an unknown reason.

Everyone that is suggesting port forwarding/dmz/different ips to log in needs to read his question more carefully... This is a VERY RARE scenario that happens only with a handful of modems/routers. I expect the solution will be nothing short of a new router/modem, source edit to change how the binding of the ip address works, or some form of software that can get around this problem.

Open your hosts file (C:/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts in Windows).
I recommend to use notepad++ to do this incase you accidentally do save as which will turn the hosts file in a .txt file when you use text edit programs like the default windows notepad and then it won't work.
If you can't save the hosts file, make sure it's only opened once and run notepad++ as administrator.

In the hosts file write your IPv4 address and next to that your domain.
29rx14K62.png

If that works... mind = blown O.O LOL

DMZ is NOT related to loopback.

If localhost did not work, try connecting with 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 as IP. If it is not possible

If that works... mind = blown O.O LOL
The reason pointing a name address to 127.0.0.1 works is because of something called virtual host, Google it if you want to unblow your mind :p

Check if the ports are opened, if firewall is turned off etc, the other things in that tutorial.
That's not the problem everything is fine. Actually if I put my global ip in config lua instead of my ddns, my friends can log in, but I cant, If I use the ddns I can log in, but my friends cant, maybe cause the windows hosts ignores that it is actually a ddns and just takes it for a host name for my global ip

Back