• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need a computer recorder...

axas

Reaction score
... which would film in a good quality (preferably being able to change it) and wouldn't take too much disc space (so I could do 10 minutes videos without making it take over 1 gb hard disc space).

Don't suggest me:
  • Fraps - it's good quality but 1 minute video takes 2 gigs of space
  • Camstudio - it would be perfect if it didn't crash when saving the video which is over 5~ minutes long
  • Hypercam - fuck hypercam

Whoever who suggest me a good one will get some reputation as it might push someone into actually suggesting something.

SnagIt is great but, Hypercam is best with the right settings, like download codecs etc etc and you will have AWESOME quality.

It's not for tibia, I'm planning on doing some tutorials that I need to record my screen for.
i think bynacam is the best
Thank you for your opinion.

Yes, It rocks recording Crysis Warhead 2 with Hypercam!!!

@ONT What are u planning on recording?
Same answer as statik =p

ZDSoft GameCam maybe? :p.
yet again, it's not for gaming

SnagIt is great but, Hypercam is best with the right settings, like download codecs etc etc and you will have AWESOME quality.
kk i'll try it out, but last time I tried downloading cracked hypercam, like 5 out of 5 downloads were infected.

• Fraps - it's good quality but 1 minute video takes 2 gigs of space
Nooo, you have to encode the video!

From http://www.fraps.com/faq.php:

Why is the AVI movie generated by Fraps so big? How can I reduce the size?

The filesize is big because there isn’t enough time to encode the movie while the game is running. The movie frames are slightly compressed, but still require a large amount of disk space due to the high resolutions. Once you have finished capturing you should convert the saved AVI into one of the popular compressed movie formats such as mpeg or divx. Recommended programs for doing this are tmpgenc (Tsunami Mpeg Encoder), and VirtualDub.​

Using VirtualDub is quite easy. To create a compressed version of the AVI follow these steps:​

• Start VirtualDub
  • Select File->Open and choose the AVI in the Fraps directory you wish to compress.
  • Select Video->Compression and choose the codec you wish to compress with (usually divx)
  • Select File->Save As AVI and specify a filename for the new AVI.

If you have Windows XP you can also use Windows Movie Maker to compress the video files. If you use Windows Movie Maker it's recommended that you keep your Fraps video files at 800x600 or under.​

However Fraps is mainly used for recording gameplay, so you best choice would be Hypercam.

Nooo, you have to encode the video!

From FRAPS show fps, record video game movies, screen capture software

Why is the AVI movie generated by Fraps so big? How can I reduce the size?

The filesize is big because there isn’t enough time to encode the movie while the game is running. The movie frames are slightly compressed, but still require a large amount of disk space due to the high resolutions. Once you have finished capturing you should convert the saved AVI into one of the popular compressed movie formats such as mpeg or divx. Recommended programs for doing this are tmpgenc (Tsunami Mpeg Encoder), and VirtualDub.​

Using VirtualDub is quite easy. To create a compressed version of the AVI follow these steps:​

• Start VirtualDub
  • Select File->Open and choose the AVI in the Fraps directory you wish to compress.
  • Select Video->Compression and choose the codec you wish to compress with (usually divx)
  • Select File->Save As AVI and specify a filename for the new AVI.

If you have Windows XP you can also use Windows Movie Maker to compress the video files. If you use Windows Movie Maker it's recommended that you keep your Fraps video files at 800x600 or under.​

However Fraps is mainly used for recording gameplay, so you best choice would be Hypercam.

fixed

Back