• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Need a programmer for sources editing

Olddies

Classicot.com
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello otlander’s i am looking for someone who can do some source edition for my server based on tfs 1.2 (nostalrius), i would like to change these 2 things for now.
Lua:
-Strong creatures didnt kill weaker creatures on the way
sources editions as i know.

-Monsters No diagonal pathing
sources edition as i know.
If you want the job pm me or add me in discord
Olddies#8204

Last edited:
Last edited:
Under this line otland/forgottenserver (https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/blob/master/src/monster.cpp#L1974)
add
C++:
fpp.allowDiagonal = false;
Don’t kill weaker:
Delete this and removeCount variable code

You’re welcome :)

Thank you man. 🙏

EDIT: Diagonal path doesn't work i mean they still moving on diagonal

Last edited:
Hello,

Hit me up on the private message. Might be able to help.

EDIT: Diagonal path doesn't work i mean they still moving on diagonal

This is likely because the Map::getPathMatching function in TFS is a mess. Anyway, please note I do not use TFS and my hint for you will be based on a few minutes of look-up time at that code, so from what I can see @Nekiro solution which you need to implement is almost correct and it probably didn't work because of this line here:

It should be dirCount = fpp.allowDiagonal ? 4 : 8;

This is likely because the Map::getPathMatching function in TFS is a mess. Anyway, please note I do not use TFS and my hint for you will be based on a few minutes of look-up time at that code, so from what I can see @Nekiro solution which you need to implement is almost correct and it probably didn't work because of this line here:

It should be dirCount = fpp.allowDiagonal ? 4 : 8;
several things has been tested but noone of them did work neither your solution :/ right now this look like a challenge for me, anyway thank you for your time :)

I find it odd enough. Can you actually record it and show us? This function is used when a creature tries to find a path to reach the player, so it shouldn't allow opening diagonal nodes and the monster should only follow straight path. The only other thing I can think of is fleeing which is calculated within monster class instead and it doesn't use that function.

I find it odd enough. Can you actually record it and show us? This function is used when a creature tries to find a path to reach the player, so it shouldn't allow opening diagonal nodes and the monster should only follow straight path. The only other thing I can think of is fleeing which is calculated within monster class instead and it doesn't use that function.
i have tryed to put the solution that @Nekiro give too in creature.cpp
Lua:
Monster* monster = getMonster();
        fpp.allowDiagonal = false;
        if (monster && !monster->getMaster() && (monster->isFleeing() || fpp.maxTargetDist > 1)) {
            Direction dir = DIRECTION_NONE;
but without luck

And you did use both, mine and his patch to check? You cannot use only one of them. My suggestion will only work with his change with fpp.allowDiagonal set to false.

Back