• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Need an Oracle-type NPC .lua

kessykins

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hey

So a friend of mine is looking for oracle-like npcs for his ot.

He wants to allow players to learn about each vocation and what the vocs have to offer them. He not only doesn't want the npc to have a level requirement for vocs but also doesn't want the player to be teleported elsewhere.

ie:
NPC: Greetings |PLAYERNAME|! Would you like to learn about druids? {yes}
PLAYER: yes
NPC: Druids wear paper thin armor, have the ability to make healing runes, heal friends and cast powerful icy spells! Would you like to become a {druid}?
PLAYER: druid
NPC: Are you positive you would like to become a druid?! {yes}
PLAYER: yes noobnpcdoitalready!
NPC: Very well! Congratulations! You are now a druid!
PLAYER: Bye.
NPC: Goodbye dear.

if player already has a voc
PLAYER: Hello
NPC: You already have a vocation!

++REP For anyone who helps!! He's using the mystic spirit version 2.10

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
its something like uh, island of destiny npcs
Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

local Topic = {}

function onCreatureAppear(cid)				npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) 			npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) 	npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() 						npcHandler:onThink() end

function thinkCallback(cid)
	local rand = math.random(300)
	if rand == 1 then
		npcHandler:say("Are you injured? Come and get a free healing at my little hut.")
	elseif rand == 2 then
		npcHandler:say("If you like to choose a druid's way of life, talk to me.")
	elseif rand == 3 then
		npcHandler:say("Follow your instincts and let nature guide you.")
	elseif rand == 4 then
		npcHandler:say("Sometimes it's not the loudest voice which has the most valuable information to give.")
	end
	return true
end

function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
	if not npcHandler:isFocused(cid) then
		if msgcontains(msg, "hello") or msgcontains(msg, "hi") then
			local voc = getPlayerVocation(cid)
			if voc == 0 then
				npcHandler:say("Welcome to my humble hut, "..getCreatureName(cid).."! Are you interested in learning something about the druid vocation?", cid)
				Topic[cid] = 1
			elseif isDruid(cid) then
				npcHandler:say("Be greeted again, fellow druid "..getCreatureName(cid).."! If you require {information}, I will assist you.", cid)
			else
				npcHandler:say("Have a good day, "..getCreatureName(cid).."! Although you chose to be a ".. (isSorcerer(cid) and "sorcerer" or isPaladin(cid) and "paladin" or isKnight(cid) and "knight")..", you are still always welcome here. I can also {heal} you if you're injured.", cid)
				Topic[cid] = 0
			end
			npcHandler:addFocus(cid)
		else
			return false
		end
	elseif msgcontains(msg, "bye") or msgcontains(msg, "farewell") then
		npcHandler:say("Farewell "..getCreatureName(cid)..", may you always have friends in your company.", cid)
		Topic[cid] = nil
		npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)
	elseif Topic[cid] == 1 then
		if msgcontains(msg, "yes") then
			npcHandler:say("I'm happy to hear that, dear "..getCreatureName(cid)..". I'll gladly give you some {information} or help you to become a {druid} right away. What would you prefer?", cid)
		elseif msgcontains(msg, "no") then
			npcHandler:say("That's sad, but maybe you just lack some {information} about our beautiful vocation?", cid)
		else
			npcHandler:say("I'm not quite sure if I understand you, but maybe you'd like some {information} about druids in general?", cid)
		end
		Topic[cid] = 2
	elseif Topic[cid] == 2 then
		if msgcontains(msg, "yes") or msgcontains(msg, "info") then
			npcHandler:say("Depending on how much time you have, I can either give you the {short} or the {detailed} version. Choose whatever suits you most!", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 3
		else
			npcHandler:say("No, no, you are given the choice between receiving {information} or becoming a {druid} if you've already made up your mind.", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 2
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 3 then
		if msgcontains(msg, "short") then
			npcHandler:say("In short: Druids are focused on ice, earth and healing magic. We use runes, spells and rods to hunt our enemies and usually try to avoid body contact. Easy, right?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 4
		elseif msgcontains(msg, "detail") then
			npcHandler:say("That's wonderful. As a druid, your spirit is close to nature and its powers. Your aim is also to protect your friends with powerful healing magic. Can you follow me so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 8
		else
			npcHandler:say("That's not an option, my impatient young student. Would you like to listen to the {short} version or to the {detailed} version of my druid lecture?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 3
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 4 then
		npcHandler:say("Well, anyway "..getCreatureName(cid)..", after having learnt a few basic things about druids, do you think that vocation would be fine for you?", cid)
		Topic[cid] = 5
	elseif Topic[cid] == 5 then
			npcHandler:say("That's good to hear, "..getCreatureName(cid)..". Since this is such an important decision, I have to ask you, though, whether you have gotten all the information that you need?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 6
			npcHandler:say("Well, the other vocations have their own advantages and disadvantages. Maybe you will find something more suitable for you by talking to {Hykrion}, {Estrella} and {Narai}. Come and talk to me anytime!", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 0
		else
			npcHandler:say("<ahem> This is the point of the conversation where you answer with {'yes'} or {'no'}.", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 5
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 6 then
			npcHandler:say("Be aware that this decision is final, "..getCreatureName(cid).."! Step in front of me and announce it proudly: DO YOU WANT TO BE A DRUID?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 7
			npcHandler:say("Well, the other vocations have their own advantages and disadvantages. Maybe you will find something more suitable for you by talking to {Hykrion}, {Estrella} and {Narai}. Come and talk to me anytime!", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 0
		else
			npcHandler:say("That's an important question which you should answer with {'yes'} or {'no'}.", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 6
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 7 then
			npcHandler:say("SO BE IT! Let the energy of nature fill you, druid "..getCreatureName(cid).."! Learn the words of your first spell: 'UTEVO LUX'! This spell will provide light to you in dark locations and hours. ...", cid)
			npcHandler:say("You may cast it by saying the magic words 'UTEVO LUX' while you have 20 mana or more. Also, you have earned the right to enter the cellar of this house. What your will find inside the chests there is yours to take. ...", cid)
			npcHandler:say("Equip yourself well and gather some experience in the caves below. You may stay there for a while, but you should leave for the main continent soon. ...", cid)
			npcHandler:say("The captain on the ship to the north will bring you to a city of your choice when you are prepared. Farewell, young druid, and don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions.", cid)
		else
			npcHandler:say("Well, maybe you need some more time. Just make sure you choose the right vocation for you, no matter if it's the druid profession or something else. Talk to the other vocation masters, too, and take care!", cid)
		end
		Topic[cid] = nil
		npcHandler:releaseFocus(cid)
	elseif Topic[cid] == 8 then
			npcHandler:say("Good. Don't assume that druids are weak and can't defend themselves. Our magic is as strong as that of sorcerers, just in a different way. Do you understand that so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 9
		else
			npcHandler:say("Well, in short, druids use nature spells and healing magic. Can you follow me so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 8
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 9 then
			npcHandler:say("Good. Whereas sorcerers call forth hellfire and death itself, druids ask nature for assistance to conjure powerful ice storms and rock showers. Can you follow me so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 10
		else
			npcHandler:say("To say it in easy words: Druids and sorcerers have similar powers, but different types of spells. Do you understand that so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 9
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 10 then
			npcHandler:say("Good. Like all mages, we do not have that much health and should be careful when fighting strong monsters, but we can easily keep our distance and deal great damage anyway. Do you understand?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 11
		else
			npcHandler:say("I said, the difference between sorcerer and druid spells is the focus. Sorcerers use black magic and druids white magic, so to speak. Can you follow me so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 10
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 11 then
			npcHandler:say("Good. Last but not least, we can create runes storing magic power and enchant gems at elemental shrines to be used in weapons. Do you understand that so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 12
		else
			npcHandler:say("To put this differently: Don't get hit by monsters. Rather shoot spells on them from a distance as  druids don't have a lot of hit points. Do you understand?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 11
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 12 then
			npcHandler:say("Once a druid reaches character level 20, he or she can receive a vocation promotion and become an elder druid. Did you listen to everything I told you?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 13
		else
			npcHandler:say("Well, I just said that druids can create runes and enchant gems which are used in weapons. Do you understand that so far?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 12
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 13 then
			npcHandler:say("So, dear "..getCreatureName(cid)..", let's test your newly gained knowledge! Let me ask you: How is a promoted druid called? {Master Druid}, {Elder Druid} or {Royal Druid}?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 14
		else
			npcHandler:say("Again, at level 20 a druid can be promoted to an elder druid. Did understand everything I told you?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 13
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 14 then
		if msgcontains(msg, "master") then
			npcHandler:say("I'm sorry "..getCreatureName(cid)..", but the sorcerers are the ones which gain a 'Master' title. We druids will become 'Elder'. Another question for you: Name one of the elements which we mastered - is it {ice}, {holy} or {fire}?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 15
		else
			npcHandler:say("This isn't an answer to my question, "..getCreatureName(cid)..". Please think again: how is a promoted druid called? {Master Druid}, {Elder Druid} or {Royal Druid}?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 14
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 15 then
		if msgcontains(msg, "ice") then
			npcHandler:say("Very good "..getCreatureName(cid)..", you remembered that detail about the ice storms. Next question: Where are magically enchanted gems used? In {weapons}, as {decoration} or as {food}?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 16
		else
			npcHandler:say("What element is this supposed to be? I know only {earth}, {fire}, {ice}, {energy}, {death} and {holy}.", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 15
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 16 then
		if msgcontains(msg, "weapon") then
			npcHandler:say("Right, enchanted gems add elemental damage to weapons. I have one last question for you, "..getCreatureName(cid)..". What do you think a druid will spend most of his money on - buying {runes} or buying {weapons}?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 17
		else
			npcHandler:say("That wasn't among the allowed answers. The question was whether magical gems are used for {weapons}, as {decoration} or as {food}?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 16
		end
	elseif Topic[cid] == 17 then
		if msgcontains(msg, "rune") then
			npcHandler:say("Right, although we need of course some basic equipment, most of our money is spent on buying new runes and mana potions. That was easy, don't you think?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 4
		else
			npcHandler:say("Please try giving a clear answer - what does a druid spend a lot of money on, rather on {runes} or on {weapons}?", cid)
			Topic[cid] = 17
		end
	end
	return true
end

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "Leaving without a friendly word... what a pity.")
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_ONTHINK, thinkCallback)
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)

Back