• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need help setting up a server from scratch [Arch Linux | Newbie]

chevele

Reaction score
Hello!

I am a Tibia fan and a Computer Science student at College, so combining 2 passions, I want to get started in making completely functional servers (when I was like 10 I use to make servers for fun, but back then it was very easy).

I looked over the tutorials but everything seems messy, I am very "squared" (saying in spanish) so I need to go point by point to have everything done. If someone could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it!
I want to do several things:

1. I am doing everything on Arch Linux, so I need help setting everything up :)
  2. Basic Server (regular map, account manager, etc): In this point I struggled with phpmyAdmin which idk if is necessary but the tutorial I was following used it (I couldnt finish the tutorial as I was moving from one error to another)
  3. Map editing.
  4. Making new items and monsters.
  5. I would very much like to make a Custom Client at some point.
I am doing this just as a hobby but I want to take it serious. Explain everything as simple as you can, I know my way around a computer and I understand databases and stuff since I study it, but don't take anything for granted as it could help someone else too :)

Hello!

I am a Tibia fan and a Computer Science student at College, so combining 2 passions, I want to get started in making completely functional servers (when I was like 10 I use to make servers for fun, but back then it was very easy).

I looked over the tutorials but everything seems messy, I am very "squared" (saying in spanish) so I need to go point by point to have everything done. If someone could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it!

2. Basic Server (regular map, account manager, etc): In this point I struggled with phpmyAdmin which idk if is necessary but the tutorial I was following used it (I couldnt finish the tutorial as I was moving from one error to another)
  3. Map editing.
I am doing this just as a hobby but I want to take it serious. Explain everything as simple as you can, I know my way around a computer and I understand databases and stuff since I study it, but don't take anything for granted as it could help someone else too :)

You should move this thread to Support section in my opinion.

Here is good starting point for compiling in Arch (I don't tested it).

Good luck :)

Hello!

3. Map editing.
You answered yourself - "I need to go point by point to have everything done "
There is only one tip/tutorial/ or question?
Question:
Did you really know what you wanna do?
Answer if no:
Spend some more days on thinking about project.
Answer if yes:
You knowwhat you want, then easy -> open google and always write what you want in "different ways" with "otland word
Example: "otland arch linux"
And i get this
And this

As you see... using search options is really "EASY AND FAST" you dont must wait for any answer just find it...

Hello!

3. Map editing.
()
You should really try to use LEMP stack (nginx/mariadb/php-fpm). It's a lot faster and pretty easy to setup following the Arch wiki. I use Adminer for the front end. I've really never cared for phpMyAdmin and Adminer is a lot lighter being a one page application

()
You should really try to use LEMP stack (nginx/mariadb/php-fpm). It's a lot faster and pretty easy to setup following the Arch wiki. I use Adminer for the front end. I've really never cared for phpMyAdmin and Adminer is a lot lighter being a one page application

Thread owner last time was seen in may.
He asked about help in april.
Please don't refresh old threads.

Back