• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

need help with npc quest script

CesarZ

Solutions
Reaction score
The quest is a 1 mission Quest.
The npc is not asking if i have the amulet after i have the "starting quest" storageValue number. a couple things going on here how would you write this down? its been more then a week trying. i had to seek for help.

Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() npcHandler:onThink() end

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        return true
    end
    local player = Player(cid)
 -- mission
if (msgcontains(msg, "enter the club")) and player:getStorageValue(223344) < 1 then -- checking if the quest hasnt been done
    npcHandler:say("If you are trying to enter this club you have to do me a {favor}.", cid) -- require to enter
                    npcHandler.topic[cid] = 1 --
            elseif (msgcontains(msg, "favor")) and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 then -- asking for favor
                    npcHandler:say("I need you to go to the bandit cave and get back that golden amulet they took from me. Can you do that?", cid) -- instruction
          elseif (msgcontains(msg, "yes")) and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 then -- quest approval
                  npcHandler:say("Alright, bring it back to me and say {golden amulet}. Be careful.. They are a group of rebellions. While you facing the thief that stole my amulet there will be a lot of bad guys on you. You must gather a team to get this quest done. Their camp is located on the south side outside the City. Good luck..", cid)
                  player:setStorageValue(223345, 1) -- quest started storage value
                  doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE, "You have unlocked the Bandict Cave Bridge pass.")
          elseif  (msgcontains(msg, "no")) and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 then
                  npcHandler:say("Alright.", cid)

-- amulet checking and exchange           
                elseif player:getStorageValue(223345) >= 1 then -- elseif player has started the quest then ask him if he has the amulet.
                        npcHandler:say("You have my amulet? just say {golden amulet}.", cid)
                        if (msgcontains(msg, "golden amulet")) and player:getItemCount(2130) >= 1 then
                            player:removeItem(2130, 1)
                            npcHandler:say("Thank you, Welcome to the club brother!", cid)
                            player:setStorageValue(223344, 1) -- quest done storage value
                        else
                        npcHandler:say("Come back when you get the amulet please.", cid) -- if not then this
                        end
else
    npcHandler:say("You are already Welcome!.", cid) -- if player done the quest message.
end
    return true
end

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Heyyyyy!!! whats up you want to {enter the club}? |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "Always be on guard, |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "This ungraceful haste is most suspicious!")
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Try it. I couldn't test because i don't have and idk your engine
Lua:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() npcHandler:onThink() end

local function creatureSayCallback(cid, type, msg)
    if(not npcHandler:isFocused(cid)) then
        return true
    end
    local player = Player(cid)
 -- mission
    if msgcontains(msg, "enter the club") and player:getStorageValue(223344) == -1 then -- checking if the quest hasnt been done
        npcHandler:say("If you are trying to enter this club you have to do me a {favor}.", cid) -- require to enter
        npcHandler.topic[cid] = 1 --
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "favor") and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 then -- asking for favor
        npcHandler:say("I need you to go to the bandit cave and get back that golden amulet they took from me. Can you do that?", cid) -- instruction
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "yes") and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 then -- quest approval
        npcHandler:say("Alright, bring it back to me and say {golden amulet}. Be careful.. They are a group of rebellions. While you facing the thief that stole my amulet there will be a lot of bad guys on you. You must gather a team to get this quest done. Their camp is located on the south side outside the City. Good luck..", cid)
        player:setStorageValue(223344, 1) -- quest started storage value
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid, MESSAGE_EVENT_ADVANCE, "You have unlocked the Bandict Cave Bridge pass.")
    elseif  msgcontains(msg, "no") and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 1 then
        npcHandler:say("Alright.", cid) 
                -- amulet checking and exchange           
    elseif msgcontains(msg, "enter the club") and player:getStorageValue(223344) == 1 then -- elseif player has started the quest then ask him if he has the amulet.
        npcHandler:say("You have my amulet? just say {golden amulet}.", cid)
        npcHandler.topic[cid] = 2
        if msgcontains(msg, "golden amulet") and npcHandler.topic[cid] == 2 and player:getItemCount(2130) >= 1 then
            player:removeItem(2130, 1)
            npcHandler:say("Thank you, Welcome to the club brother!", cid)
            player:setStorageValue(223344, 2) -- quest done storage value
        else
            npcHandler:say("Come back when you get the amulet please.", cid) -- if not then this
        end
    else
        npcHandler:say("You are already Welcome!.", cid) -- if player done the quest message.
    end
    return true
end

npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Heyyyyy!!! whats up you want to {enter the club}? |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_FAREWELL, "Always be on guard, |PLAYERNAME|!")
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_WALKAWAY, "This ungraceful haste is most suspicious!")
npcHandler:setCallback(CALLBACK_MESSAGE_DEFAULT, creatureSayCallback)
npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Back