• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Need Mapper + Dedicated Testers

Cadyan

Reaction score
This thread is currently not active. I am taking a break to create a mini-games event server.

THREAD: INACTIVE
Are you looking for a small 2 or 3 man project? A project that can grow into a much larger team?

COMPLETION: 6% / 100%
CURRENT TEAM:
Project Leader: Cadyan - Features/User Interaction/Game Play/Game Design/Story/Mapping/Server Host (Main Map/Current Size: 12MB+)
Mapper: Curious Virus - Testing/Mapping (Desert Map/Current Size: 1MB+) Join Date: March 04, 2013
Mapper: Puddah - Testing/Mapping (Jungle Map/Current Size: 5.5MB+) Join Date: March 09, 2013
Mapper: Thylonn - Testing/Mapping (Desert Map/Current Size: Unknown) Join Date: April 16, 2013

I am looking for (a ) mapper(s) to help me add to the size of Temuair.
---Any amount of experience is welcome, but years of experience would be preferred.
I am looking for dedicated testers to log in at certain times for supervised tests.
---Looking for very mature people (age 18+ preferred).
Write your own application including your name, age, country, position applied for, and any extra information I should know. The better your application looks, the higher chance I will reply.

Some server information:
http://otland.net/f57/temuair-under-development-183917/ <---Map Thread
- Custom map, spells, monsters, items, vocations, professions, and features.
- Custom, small exp rates.
- Non-linear storyline
- More to be announced as the server progresses.

---=====SEE THE POST BELOW FOR UPDATES!=====---
Temuair Map.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
=====================================
Some history:
. I have been working on a server called Temuair, on and off, for about 2 years now. In those 2 years I had an estimated 5 months uptime, with open and private beta tests. I have massively revamped the server on multiple occasions to bring a new feel to the game each time. The first launched Temuair was a simple RPG with super low rate exp, and average-low end mapping. The highest player count was about 20 online at once, with only four players surpassing level 40. I closed the first Temuair due to the lack of anyone playing after 3 months. Temuair the New World was the second project, launched as a beta a few months after closing the original Temuair. Temuair the New World was alot better, with high end-average mapping and some great mapping. Although this server was more original, and well made, it only reached about 15 players online. I closed the new world after 3 revamps and a couple months.
. Now this is where my new server comes in. Over the last few weeks I have slowly been adding large areas to my Temuair map. Temuair the new World was 7.5MB in size, while my recent mapping has brought it over 10MB. I still have all of my old scripts too, but I will be completely revamping everything once again to bring another new feel to Temuair. My map remains a well made RPG map and 100% custom. <--- Written on February 11 2013
=====================================
April 21 2013 Update:
-Hired a new mapper who has shown some progress already.
-One of my other mappers finally came in contact with me and showed me a little progress.
-Main map 12MB in size (Without Desert/Jungle maps). 18.5MB with all mapping.
April 16 2013 Update:
-None of my mappers have been in contact with me during this month.
-I may have hired a new main mapper.
April 11 2013 Update:
-My map has increased in size to 12.6MB
-Starting area is almost completely mapped.
-Still no news from any mappers.
April 08 2013 Update:
-My map has increased in size to 12.5MB
-Temuair is 5% completed.
-Still no news from any mappers.
April 07 2013 Update:
-Features and quests have taken a leap forward.
-My map has increased in size to 12.4MB
-No news within the last week from any of my mappers.
April 03 2013 Update:
-Quests and storyline have taken a leap forward in development.
-New features involving quests and user-information have been introduced.
-No news within the past few days from any of my mappers.
March 31 2013 Update:
-Professions have taken another leap forward in development.
-Another main profession, bringing the total to six.
-My main mapper has shown me some new screenshots. His map has surpassed 1MB in size.
March 29 2013 Update:
-Spells and spellbook information have been improved.
-Starting improved with more information.
-Possiblity of a new profession.
March 25 2013 Update:
-Equipment and items have taken a leap forward in development.
-Starting information greatly improved.
March 24 2013 Update:
-Professions have taken another great leap forward in development.
-Five professions in the game now, and all finished up to character level 10.
-My main mapper has shown some big improvements to his map.
March 21 2013 Update:
-Professions have taken another leap forward in development.
-Two professions in the game now.
-No recent news from mappers.
-Features and information have been generally improved.
March 20 2013 Update:
-Sprites have been categorized and vaguely chosen.
-Professions have taken a leap forward in development.
-One profession already in the game.
-My main mapper has been slowly working on his area and will be awhile until finished.
-My second mapper has also not been doing too much as of late.
-My third mapper has shown me nothing and I have only spoken to him twice. He is probably no longer part of the project.
March 15 2013 Update:
-More quests have been added to the game, in the same area as the first few.
-Starting information improved once again.
-My main mapper has shown me some recent work, and his area is coming along.
-My secondary mapper finally spoke with me after a week, but has nothing new yet.
-Havent heard from my third mapper in over a week. - Still looking for dedicated partners.
March 13 2013 Update:
-A few more items have been added to the game.
-Two more quests have been added to the game, in the same area as the first one.
-Starting information improved even more.
-Very little recent news from my new mappers, although expecting one to reply today - Still looking for dedicated partners.
March 12 2013 Update:
-A few items have been added to the game.
-The first quest has been added to the game.
-Starting information improved.
-No recent news from my new mappers - Still looking for dedicated partners.
March 10 2013 Update:
-Three mappers have now started working on their own areas for the server.
-The most basic of item ideas has been started.
March 08 2013 Update:
-Two mappers started working on their own areas. No promises yet.
-All vocation ideas have been confirmed.
-All six vocations have at least four very unique spells (carefully scripted by myself over a couple of weeks) already within the game. Tested and working. (Up to level 7)
-The main map has surpassed 11 MB in size.

Last edited:
Ok. Could do as a tester though too lazy to write an application for that e.g IMO useless.
If you need testers - take me, if ur into this application stuff etc. i guess you wont be interested in me bein a tester.

Okay, here is my application:

Name: Gabriel
Position applied for: Game Tester
Extra information: I'm at university studying computer engineering
I have good scripts, specially "rl-tibia" quest scripts.

Is there a application of some sort to be a mapper?
I'm 19 years of age.
I've been playing Tibia since 09.
I've been mapping for 3 years, playing & mapping for 2 servers in that time period.
Servers are well known with 300+ online record
Feel free to PM with MSN contact information
Thanks! - Xolan

Hey Everyone!

First off, My name is Jordan. I'm 17, and I've played tibia since 2008. I've played OTs since about 2010.

I love to play the game, I've become a TuTor on Tibia for about a year now, and am loving the experience of helping everyone. I've also done many things to do with scripting/Maping. I'm currently enrolled in a computer course where we design and have to make games and customize the game-play. This would be a great project for me, and It'd be helping my schooling to get into the gaming industry. If you are interested my main intention is to be a Gamemaster/God/Community Master. Whichever works.

What i want:
#Gamemaster/GOD/CM Position
#Time
#A Friendly team of people who know English, and other languages so i can communicate with them.

What you get:
#An experienced Tibia player, who would be interested in mapping and doing all sorts of things for you.
#A free service, as I do not need to be paid for this.
#A friendly player, who is from Canada. Who doesn't love Canadians?

MY Hobbies: Video Games.
#Contact

Email: [email protected]

Have a Good Day!

hey cadyan! perhaps i can help you map a little.. but i need to know how you have mapped the rest, so i can make everything look like 1 unit so to speak.... i have not uploaded anything on otland yet but i can tell you that im used working with boarders and raw and all that, and im really into make everything look good without any small detail fails.... kthxbye <4

Hello Cadyan, I just want to say I'm excited that you're making yet another server :) Now on to my application.

~My name is Alan.
~I'm only 15, I know it's not your preferred 18 but I'm probably more mature than most 18 year olds anyway. I'm a very calm and understand person and I don't really rage, if I turn out to be immature you can kick me off asap.
~I live in the USA, state of Maryland. I'm also Russian, I can speak both languages.
~I just want to be a tester, maybe a tutor when the real server comes out since I'll probably know a lot. I don't like being a GM or GOD because I actually like playing the server.
~Some extra information is that even though I might seem young, I have been playing tibia since I was a little kid like when I was 7 or 8 so I have a lot of experience. I've played on both of your previous server you had in the past and loved them both and can't wait to try this one out if I get accepted. I have many idea's and suggestions I could give to you and help you make it an even better server.
~My Skype is saldatalan.

Bump! Added an update to the front page.

- - - Updated - - -

Have had a few people log in to catch a first glimpse of the server. Not enough has been tested, but there is still a great lack of content that needs to be resolved.

Last edited:
Back