• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need new gaming computer

Endless

Reaction score
what does /f252/ think is better for gaming. AMD or Intel?
going to play bf3 and I want it to be future proof

Why do people on this board tout about Intel's 'superiority' when it is AMD that are superior? We have more cores, more l1 and l2 cache, and better price/performance at EVERY pricepoint. deal with it.

Last edited:
what does /f252/ think is better for gaming. AMD or Intel?
going to play bf3 and I want it to be future proof

Why do people on this board tout about Intel's 'superiority' when it is AMD that are superior? We have more cores, more l1 and l2 cache, and better price/performance at EVERY pricepoint. deal with it.

Depends on how much you want to spend.

AMD is you are on a budget
Intel if you want master-race performance and best future proof

Depends on how much you want to spend.

AMD is you are on a budget
Intel if you want master-race performance and best future proof

I don't give a fuck about money and want a top tier processor.

If AMD offered similar performance to the i5 2500k for cheaper, I would probably buy AMD.

Well why the fuck not

>Enjoy your overheating
>Enjoy your high power consumption
>Enjoy not having mutlithreading
>Enjoy less performance

1313520064965.jpg

I don't give a fuck about money and want a top tier processor.

If AMD offered similar performance to the i5 2500k for cheaper, I would probably buy AMD.
i5 2500k is already dumping on AMD, might as well get an i7 2600K if you don't care about money and want a top tier processor for gaming (even though you won't benefit from the hyper threading.)

Why do people on this board tout about Intel's 'superiority' when it is AMD that are superior? We have more cores, more l1 and l2 cache,and better price/performance at EVERY pricepoint. deal with it.

zHOilTgh2G.png

ty for your time slurpderp i think i will get intel then.

what is a good gpu to go with my build and 4gb ram is just fine right?

If you're getting a intel graphic card for your gaming pc
Then be ready to see the worst gaming ever
I'd prefer nvidia for a gaming graphic card
All intel graphic card sucks and doesn't run most games..

what about the phenom x6
is it better than 2500k?
i ask because it has 2 more cores

If you're getting a intel graphic card for your gaming pc
Then be ready to see the worst gaming ever
I'd prefer nvidia for a gaming graphic card
All intel graphic card sucks and doesn't run most games..

You must be new at this..
Intel's IGP is not a GPU so obviously its bad. Therefore you're bad for saying Intel has "Graphic card's".

@Endless
No, all Phenoms are bad compared to sandy bridge

owipJnKzN.png

Might as well just get a 560Ti, should be just fine and yes 4GB or RAM is just fine

This.
I'll be sure to get a 560Ti before D3 comes out.

Also, rather than buying a prebuilt computer, build your own, I know I shouldn't say that because I didn't build my own computer.
But, you get much more for the money you pay when buying parts separate.

Recommend: Dell XPS or Alienware - High Performance PC/Laptop

Just a few weeks ago, I purchased a new computer for myself. Dell XPS, fully customized to fit my needs. It works great and has great support & warranties. If you're in to gaming and multi-tasking, I highly recommend a core i7 processor with a 6-8MB cache range. This will allow great performance, but also consider decent graphics hardware and a fast HDD. Most computers come with at least 4GB's - 8GB's of RAM now days, you'll be fine with that. I travel a lot and do a lot of tedious projects on my PC, I decided to purchase a laptop from Dell - sort of expensive, but worth every penny (so far).

Good luck. If you have further questions, contact me via private message. ;)

Back