• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need real map 8.6 with working TFS 1.X

huntertrtr

Reaction score
Hello guys,
İ am looking for real map but i need with working tfs 1.x.
Finaly combine TFS 1.5X Nekiro server + Real Map 8.6 word files.
But i got too many errors. And i fixed very error. but this will never end.
I need files like action move npc for real 8.6 map. But those that work on tfs 1.x version.
TFS 0.X function vs different. TFS 1.X
Please help me.

Hello guys,
İ am looking for real map but i need with working tfs 1.x.
Finaly combine TFS 1.5X Nekiro server + Real Map 8.6 word files.
But i got too many errors. And i fixed very error. but this will never end.
I need files like action move npc for real 8.6 map. But those that work on tfs 1.x version.
TFS 0.X function vs different. TFS 1.X
Please help me.

You can use this as a start

I have used it, is very accurate and works really well. You will have to make it fit on 1.X ^^

I used the files you mentioned. For example I changed the xml file for the Grizzly Adams. I added the lua file to the script folder. However, there are still unrecognized methods, he says.

1659725480359.png

I used the files you mentioned. For example I changed the xml file for the Grizzly Adams. I added the lua file to the script folder. However, there are still unrecognized methods, he says.

View attachment 69703
That's because u haven't merged it properly. The function getTasks() is defined on the killing_in_the_name_of file that is on libs folder.

You gonna have to study the datapack for a few days, understanding the console errors is the first step to build your own server, the orts2 datapack will help you on that ^^

Hello, I've been dealing with this for over a month. I didn't mention the lib file. I also added the quest file in it. It is present in the folder you mentioned, but the error does not change. I wonder if it should be defined in the .sln files we compiled. So I am looking for a suitable set of xlm and lua files for tfs 1.x version. The file inside the lib folder seems to be unreadable. Does the exe know that it should read it? 1659732776592.png
Post automatically merged:

1659734004211.png

Last edited:
Hello, I've been dealing with this for over a month. I didn't mention the lib file. I also added the quest file in it. It is present in the folder you mentioned, but the error does not change. I wonder if it should be defined in the .sln files we compiled. So I am looking for a suitable set of xlm and lua files for tfs 1.x version. The file inside the lib folder seems to be unreadable. Does the exe know that it should read it?
Post automatically merged:

I guess you're overthinking it. The lib is necessary to load the function that is called, in this case is getTasks(), otherwise the script won't know what getTasks() is. For the reason why it isn't working, it's because maybe you haven't registered it yet on quests/quest.lua

Don't merge everything at once, start by killing in the name of and later see what's going on svargrond_arena.

:( i tried but again error.Then changed movement , creaturescript and action but only number of errors increased. I think server datapack not recognized 8.6

:( i tried but again error.Then changed movement , creaturescript and action but only number of errors increased. I think server datapack not recognized 8.6

Well in case you have doubts, I have merged many scripts from that datapack without errors. Already did killing in the name of, demon oak, all inquisition missions, poi full, etc..., etc... So if you think it's not possible, it is. Everything was passed to a clean TFS 1.5 downgrade 8.60 by nekiro.

Just keep trying, and as I said before, merge piece by piece, try to don't trigger many errors at once, this way you can focus on one specific system, finish it, and start with the next. For example, that index of SvargrondArena that is shown, it's because you don't have yet the storages requiered on libs, orts2/storages.lua at main · EPuncker/orts2 (https://github.com/EPuncker/orts2/blob/main/data/lib/core/storages.lua#L738)

But again, it's up to you to start studying the datapack, I can't guide you step by step because eventually you'll have to be able to identify what's wrong from the experience. Otherwise it's going to be endless. So take the time, investigate, search on OTland, nothing else is needed to start making your own server; ofc there's no shortcuts, so cheers and keep going. Datapacks are not that big, so it's not an impossible task to review every folder and script and see what it is about.

Regards!

Greetings, I searched with notepad++ and found all documents containing Svargrond. And I would clear the differences here. It came out as a result of this search in the Storages file. However, as I said, nil value and function errors continue. Datapack was created for version 10.78. However, the version I have is 8.6, so I wonder if some information in the files in my src folder is insufficient. Could there be some things that cannot be solved with lua and xml? By the way, I'm using TFS 1.5 Nekiro. Thanks for your support.

Attachments

Hello,

There are many available data packs already for 8.60. I'm certain you can find a decent one to begin with in the download section. Don't forget to checkout the Tutorials area as well... Many many beneficial tutorials.

Tutorials (https://otland.net/forums/tutorials.477/)

Last edited:
Could there be some things that cannot be solved with lua and xml? By the way, I'm using TFS 1.5 Nekiro. Thanks for your support.
Haven't faced source editions, at least with that datapack...
Here's some usefull things anyways:

I wonder if some information in the files in my src folder is insufficient.

Console logs will tell you, overall, every function can be found on TFS 1.5 downgrades 8.60 generally loaded by a lib (not necessary to be in /lib folder, can be found on npc/lib for example) or global.lua, maybe on events but only for some cases.

However, as I said, nil value and function errors continue.

Start from the base, a nil value comes directly from a global function, for example, you can assign nil to a global variable to delete it

So the thing here is to see what is actually doing the global variable that is shown in the logs. I'm really bad coding, not sure if what i'm going to explain now it's the correct thing. But generally scripts has local variables, example local asd = 123456 that means asd is 123456, and global variables, that are defined.

This makes you understand that first, we must know what global variables are and where they come from. And that's exactly what you're doing exploring the orts2 datapack. Guess this is a good starting point to start fixing errors.

Regards!

Back