• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Need some help with deticated server.

rilleman

Reaction score
I only got some Qusetions..

1. How does it work? I mean, lets say I buy this server:

PerfectServer L - Xeon 1.5
Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX200
1x Xeon DP E5405, 1x Quadcore
4 GB DDR2-RAM ECC
2x 250 GB SATA II HDDs, 7.2k
5.000 GB data transfer included

How do I setup everything?
With team veiwer?

2. it says delivery in 3-5 days, but what are they suppose to deliver?
3. That computer
it enough to host a evo-pvp-e server? With 30mb size map?

3. I've been looking on serverloft.com
Whats the best company? IN your opinion OFC.

Last edited:
(VPS) BurstNET™ - A World-Wide Leader in Web Hosting & Internet Solutions
(the regular VPS from them are cheaper but not reliable)
they don't "deliver" anything, they just set it up and, if you wish to call it this "deliver" the account info to your e-mail inbox
you set everything up via SSH, which basically means you connect to your server's console and execute all the commands there (not GAME console, actual computer console before you ask lol)

I don't really get that with SSH, do you remote the server from ur own computer? is it easy ?

Hmm.. anyway that server didnt have any firewall.. u have to buy that? and it was not cheap lol :O

Need something with DDOS protection and atleast 100mb internet and a comp that can host 30mb evo map..for around 10euro's per month.
Thanks

I don't really get that with SSH, do you remote the server from ur own computer? is it easy ?

Hmm.. anyway that server didnt have any firewall.. u have to buy that? and it was not cheap lol :O

Need something with DDOS protection and atleast 100mb internet and a comp that can host 30mb evo map..for around 10euro's per month.
Thanks

difficult to begin with, but it's a nice learning curve, and a useful thing to know if you're going into this area in work
firewall for a server? tbh the firewalls they have that get connected to before your server should suffice, as for DDOS protection, nothing's 100% protected anyway

Okej well.. on SERVERLOFT, are u suppose to execute commands there too? I think this is really hard to understand..
Is there no server/hosting service that offers team-wiever or something like that?

Ubuntu.. I can't run my server on that os? Im using .exe files etc etc..

Can't anyone make an FULL tutorial to upload/ the server into a deticated one?

you need to compile the sources on ubuntu, linux doesn't use .exe files

if you'd read the tutorial you'd see exactly HOW to do it.

Back