• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Need some scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PxB Scripts

Reaction score
Good evening everyone! I like making scripts, something super unique. I've had plenty of experience with Lua from both servers since '05 and Xenobot since nearly its release and would love to help you out!

I'm not charging right now and I don't really want to join a team due to my lack of commitment (pitch me a good enough project though and I'll hop right on board.)

This is much more of a free time extra practice thing for me so if you want a script let me know here or if you actually want a better chance at catching me message me on Skype @proteus.xeno

Looking forward to hearing from someone!
Have a nice day!

*Please don't ask me to edit c++ source. I don't enjoy doing it and therefore will not do it for you. :) All scripts I provide here will be strictly Lua scripts for your server. *
**This is a new account name I made here dedicated to scripts (hence the name PxB Scripts), I've been a member here for many years, but even then was never much of a poster, more so just a reader :)**

Good evening everyone! I like making scripts, something super unique. I've had plenty of experience with Lua from both servers since '05 and Xenobot since nearly its release and would love to help you out!

I'm not charging right now and I don't really want to join a team due to my lack of commitment (pitch me a good enough project though and I'll hop right on board.)

This is much more of a free time extra practice thing for me so if you want a script let me know here or if you actually want a better chance at catching me message me on Skype @proteus.xeno

Have a nice day!

*Please don't ask me to edit c++ source. I don't enjoy doing it and therefore will not do it for you. :) All scripts I provide here will be strictly Lua scripts for your server. *
**This is a new account name I made here dedicated to scripts (hence the name PxB Scripts), I've been a member here for many years, but even then was never much of a poster, more so just a reader :)**
examples or wat

Have a nice day!

So who is your other account, and why make a new one?
I've had several accounts too, but I only made new ones because the others are either indefinitely banned :rolleyes: or I just forgot the password, plus this one has grown on me. :p

You need to provide more info, like who your other accounts are "only because you mentioned it" and some examples of your work, payment or no payment I doubt anyone will entrust a new account with their ideas.. although ideas are a dime a dozens just like the numerous fakes accounts being created daily on this site.

So who is your other account, and why make a new one?
I've had several accounts too, but I only made new ones because the others are either indefinitely banned :rolleyes: or I just forgot the password, plus this one has grown on me. :p

You need to provide more info, like who your other accounts are "only because you mentioned it" and some examples of your work, payment or no payment I doubt anyone will entrust a new account with their ideas.. although ideas are a dime a dozens just like the numerous fakes accounts being created daily on this site.

My old account is named dumdumpop, sorry I thought I wrote that in the original post :p

I mean, I'm offering it strictly for personal experience, if theres no takers that's fine with me lol
Understandable that their is definitely a lack of trust for newer accounts, I'm not saying to ask me for anything crazy that spoils a massive, brilliant idea in your server, even if its a simple script like "use this item and gain x experience".

Some people don't know the basics when it comes to scripting so was just offering some help. When I first was getting into servers I asked around/researched (mostly researched) for help and always found dead ends. Was just hoping to clear that for some others.
I'm not looking to write a bunch of scripts that will serve no purpose. The goal is to help people out for free, if you're interested lmk if not no biggie, trust will build with time, not in a rush

My old account is named dumdumpop, sorry I thought I wrote that in the original post :p

I mean, I'm offering it strictly for personal experience, if theres no takers that's fine with me lol
Understandable that their is definitely a lack of trust for newer accounts, I'm not saying to ask me for anything crazy that spoils a massive, brilliant idea in your server, even if its a simple script like "use this item and gain x experience".

Some people don't know the basics when it comes to scripting so was just offering some help. When I first was getting into servers I asked around/researched (mostly researched) for help and always found dead ends. Was just hoping to clear that for some others.
I'm not looking to write a bunch of scripts that will serve no purpose. The goal is to help people out for free, if you're interested lmk if not no biggie, trust will build with time, not in a rush
Background on the account you mentioned.
Last post the user @dumdumpop made was on November 15, 2015 the account was created on the 3rd of April 2010, the account has 16 messages, 4 of those messages are threads in support, no other threads were created.

If you want to help people with scripts for experience, then hit the support and request boards, the best way to learn anything is by applying it.

Or you can write code fragments, update existing code, or just release some of your own work to the public.

Background on the account you mentioned.
Last post the user @dumdumpop made was on November 15, 2015 the account was created on the 3rd of April 2010, the account has 16 messages, 4 of those messages are threads in support, no other threads were created.

If you want to help people with scripts for experience, then hit the support and request boards, the best way to learn anything is by applying it.

Or you can write code fragments, update existing code, or just release some of your own work to the public.

Nice to see you did your homework ^^ You'll notice that I mentioned in my original post that I wasn't active on the forums, was a reader not a poster, so not sure exactly what you're trying to prove there.
Also that's the source of inspiration for a thread dedicated to helping people. Some people may not want to post in the request section due to the lack of responses, so showing an active thread would give them a bit more hope for actual help. (As you've mentioned about my previous account, I posted a few times in the support section, rarely got responses in a timely enough manner)

I think you're missing the point of this thread, I already know how to write the scripts so I'm not doing it in that sense, but rather to learn more efficient ways to structure my code.

But nonetheless at this point I've gotten a few replies and will just help them out, I forgot the community here isn't the friendliest <makes sense why your judging someone offering to help for free I suppose>

I guess you could get the thread closed if that what your end game is here. Won't offer my help in this fashion again ^^

*EDIT
I noticed a few other threads offering the same type of help, and you commenting with positive feedback on what they're doing. So I guess I'm singled out due to not posting enough for your standards? Gotcha. I see why the community has been dying over the years.

Last edited:
Nice to see you did your homework ^^ You'll notice that I mentioned in my original post that I wasn't active on the forums, was a reader not a poster, so not sure exactly what you're trying to prove there.
Also that's the source of inspiration for a thread dedicated to helping people. Some people may not want to post in the request section due to the lack of responses, so showing an active thread would give them a bit more hope for actual help. (As you've mentioned about my previous account, I posted a few times in the support section, rarely got responses in a timely enough manner)

I think you're missing the point of this thread, I already know how to write the scripts so I'm not doing it in that sense, but rather to learn more efficient ways to structure my code.

But nonetheless at this point I've gotten a few replies and will just help them out, I forgot the community here isn't the friendliest <makes sense why your judging someone offering to help for free I suppose>

I guess you could get the thread closed if that what your end game is here. Won't offer my help in this fashion again ^^
I can't request to close any thread but my own...

If you think that was my intention you are sadly mistaken..

Have a nice day!

Go ahead, do whatever you want to do. Don't let these arrogant pessimists pull you down to their level of imbecility. I'm glad to see that there are still people willing to help out without getting anything in return.

Go ahead, do whatever you want to do. Don't let these arrogant pessimists pull you down to their level of imbecility. I'm glad to see that there are still people willing to help out without getting anything in return.
Too bad you aren't one of them :(

Too bad you aren't one of them :(
Sorry, I'm not a middle-aged man who's got less than half of his life left to live that has all the time in the world as he hasn't got a proper education. Instead, he has to look down upon people on a forum like this.

Sorry, I'm not a middle-aged man who's got less than half of his life left to live that has all the time in the world as he hasn't got a proper education. Instead, he has to look down upon people on a forum like this.
Don't worry one day you might make it to middle age too.. maybe :p

Lets not talk education here, trying to sound intelligent is not the same thing as being intelligent...
Don't let these arrogant pessimists pull you down to their level of imbecility.

Don't worry one day you might make it to middle age too.. maybe :p

Lets not talk education here, trying to sound intelligent is not the same thing as being intelligent...

That explains all the punctuation errors. I like how he pointed out how much of a dick you are and you just focused on the one little part of him saying you could try to get his thread deleted. Your so pathetic NJ boy. You need to go back to what ever hole you came out of. There is like 4 people on this forum that some-what like you. Why stay at a place you are not wanted? Then again, I guess the answer would be the same as why you are even alive. To try to piss people off. Your life is sad man. I mean you really have nothing better to do then come on here and post condescending comments to everyone? Why not at least go to a bar and find a girl so drunk she would settle for you at the end of the night. Maybe then you will stop being such a bitch. This is the internet you can be whatever you want and you choose to be an asshole. The stupidity amazes me.

That explains all the punctuation errors. I like how he pointed out how much of a dick you are and you just focused on the one little part of him saying you could try to get his thread deleted. Your so pathetic NJ boy. You need to go back to what ever hole you came out of. There is like 4 people on this forum that some-what like you. Why stay at a place you are not wanted? Then again, I guess the answer would be the same as why you are even alive. To try to piss people off. Your life is sad man. I mean you really have nothing better to do then come on here and post condescending comments to everyone? Why not at least go to a bar and find a girl so drunk she would settle for you at the end of the night. Maybe then you will stop being such a bitch. This is the internet you can be whatever you want and you choose to be an asshole. The stupidity amazes me.
Euww wall of text, didn't read, don't care.

You know why you respond to my posts?

Because I use spacing and punctuation, try it some time :)

See, I can point your punctuation out because your an asshole trying to sound smart. Everyone knows how dumb people from NJ are.

In before people start spamming the thread.

-- Edit

Dammit!

goood words :)

How is the script rigth now? Ill fix it from cellphone gosh 4 pages already.
Wtf this otland ??? I was not in this page............ :oops:

After the last few responses from Codex, I decided to not help after all seeing that negative feedback for it, so I just decided to pop on quick after receiving a Skype message, I'm shocked at the support on this thread to be honest. I appreciate everyone supporting me trying to help out for free. Thank you for your kindness. I'm glad that theres still people fighting for positive influences here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back