• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Need to install gnome and run it with a ssh putty connection

Zorenia

Hoster of Zorenia
Reaction score
Hej Guys,

I ordered a dedicated server. it's linux ubuntu 10.04. But how can I run Gnome? It's al textbase right now need a graph. interface, I using putty to connect to the server (ssh connection)
Does anyone can help me out ? now Idea how to fix it because of the ssh connection. I don't know how to connect to the server and use Gnome.

Should be great guys if someone got advice, I already tried everything I could find on google. but I don't have enough experience with this I guess.

Don't use a desktop environment.

It's a Linux hosting box we're talking about. For what on Earth would you need a desktop environment? ;_;
SSH is powerful enough to do anything you want, faster and easier (in my case). If managing files is your issue: SFTP or just wget all the way to justice.

I just need to install a phpmyadmin and get my server on that thing, can you help me? I want to pay for it. cuzz my server is done just need to import it on the server

Back