• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Nehalem-EX Eight cores of speed!

Dixter

Amateur Web Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was a amateur computer enthusiast for a while, recently I purchased some books and started laerning more. I've also did some research, and here's something cool I found. Intel plans to release a chip called Nehalem-EX which will have the following features:

-Up to 8 cores per processor

-Up to 16 threads per processor with Intel Hyper-threading

-Scalability up to eight sockets via Quick Path Interconnects and greater with third-party node controllers

-QuickPath Architecture with four high-bandwidth links

-24MB of shared cache

-Integrated memory controllers

-Intel Turbo Boost Technology

-Intel scalable memory buffer and scalable memory interconnects

-Up to 9x the memory bandwidth of previous generation

-Support for up to 16 memory slots per processor socket

-Advanced RAS capabilities including MCA Recovery

-2.3 billion transistors

The information above was taken from: Buckle Up, Intel Preps 8-Core Nehalem-EX Chips for March Launch - HotHardware
It's supposed ot be released sometime in 2011 I think, although I'm not completely sure. It'll probably cost a fortune but man would I love to have that.

Computer enthusiast who doesn't know about Sandy Bridge? ;-)

Hint: 1155, 2011

Yes but isn't the Nehalem-EX supposed to have eight-core processors available at launch, where as sandy bridge is supposed to have dual and quad cores only at launch?

Nehalem EX is already here (Xeon 7500, 6500. 45nm. Launched in march) and they're server CPUs. It's successor is Westmere EX (32nm) and Westmere EX will be launched in 2011. Sandy Bridge B2(?) will have 6 and 8-core CPUs at launch and are desktop CPUs. Sandy Bridge EX, EP and EN are server CPUs.

I'm learning too :p

Wait so the Nehalem Ex is already out, the one with 8 cores? How much does it cost, and what kind of other parts is it compatible with?

Yeah, Xeon 6500/7500. I don't really know much about server hardware so I'll leave it there :p Nehalem is old.
Westmere-EX, 10 cores and 20 threads: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=25172

22nm.jpg

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=25172

Holy shit, talk about a lot of cores XD, that looks nice as shit.

And Ive Bridge will have 8 and 16 cores holy shit XD

Back