• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Never-ending Effects on client

Dbzl

Reaction score
I'm using normal client. The version is 10.97, TFS 1.2.
Whenever I remove an effect with OBJBuilder and add a new one above the deleted one, when I use this effect ingame, it never ends. It's like there is an eternal loop that makes it keep casting.
Now if I don't delete the old effect and replace above it without deleting, it doesn't repeat itself when casted ingame.
The problem is that if I wanna create new effects, like, 300 or 400 effects, I can't. They will keep repeating themselves.
Does anyone know what the fuck is happening?

Also:
If I logout or run from where the effect was casted, if I come back, the effect is gone.
But if I have another character there, it still keeps casting itself for this character that stood still.

SOLUTION:
So, for anyone having this same trouble, just do as UnsineSoft said, duplicate any original effect and use it as a new one. It will work as a charm!

Last edited:
Solution
So it's done this way intentionally?
Do you have any idea what can I do to fix it? x_x
Not at all, just the loop/interval feature hasn't been properly adapted, the best way to add the effects it's to make them .png and copy the original effects on the spr to take a base for your new ones...
So it's done this way intentionally?
Do you have any idea what can I do to fix it? x_x
Not at all, just the loop/interval feature hasn't been properly adapted, the best way to add the effects it's to make them .png and copy the original effects on the spr to take a base for your new ones...

Solution
If I duplicate an original effect it will not bug?

Yup, i done it at that way on a Pokeserver 10.76 with the same objectbuilder, everything will be the same on higher versions i think
Thanks a lot for your help. I will try it out and if it does work, I will post here for anyone with the same problem.

HA! You are a genious. It indeed worked.
So, for anyone having this same trouble, just do as UnsineSoft said, duplicate any original effect and use it as a new one. It will work as a charm!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you call upon a new effect?
I can always change the Firebomb one to my own graphic, but if I copy that and it gets a "new number", how do I then call upon that new effect? Is there a script where i register the number of the effect and name them?

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you call upon a new effect?
I can always change the Firebomb one to my own graphic, but if I copy that and it gets a "new number", how do I then call upon that new effect? Is there a script where i register the number of the effect and name them?
yes

Back