• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ New 12.70 attributes?

Wolferion

Reaction score
Heya,

I've been trying to complete my items.xml file with 12.70. While adding the new Eldritch gear, I noticed some new attributes, such as:
  • earth magic level +1 (or fire, death, holy, energy, ice)
  • Magic Shield Capacity +80 and 8%
  • 42 Damage Reflection
  • Perfect Shot +65 at range 4
  • Cleave 3%
Are they included in the newer TFS distro's yet? I'm curious how to name them. Thanks in advance.

Tfs no. If you want up to date engine based on tfs (with the cost of stability), opentibiabr on github has one

Just checked. They don't have that either.

with the cost of stability
I'd like you to present me the data that back such claims..
We have today more servers using opentibiabr than TFS, the overall stability of the community hasn't changed at all.
Few months ago we still had people finding critical crashes that were in code ever since TFS 0.2... how the fuck can you talk anything about stability on TFS?

I'd really like to see the data, people are starting to sound like a broken record repeating over and over again that opentibiabr is a less stable project based on what? how many contributions are made? This is completely nonsense and you as programmer should know that.

Now we need to understand which conclusion we can take out of this in case you confirm you cannot back what you just have said:

1) You're talking of something you don't know and just repeating what you heard from others.
2) You know that this isn't true but you're saying it either way.

We have today more servers using opentibiabr than TFS, the overall stability of the community hasn't changed at all.
Few months ago we still had people finding critical crashes that were in code ever since TFS 0.2... how the fuck can you talk anything about stability on TFS?

I'd really like to see the data, people are starting to sound like a broken record repeating over and over again that opentibiabr is a less stable project based on what? how many contributions are made? This is completely nonsense and you as programmer should know that.

Now we need to understand which conclusion we can take out of this in case you confirm you cannot back what you just have said:

1) You're talking of something you don't know and just repeating what you heard from others.
Here is your data.

If you need another reason for this statement, try searching otservbr in support section.

It is a very delicate topic and no one should argue about who is better.
It's like the dilemma of someone who makes fun of another for speaking Bad Spanish when he only speak Spanish and don't know how to speak another language, which is ironic XD

If you would like to see proof there is more bugs in otservbr than tfs, here you go

TFS has 13, and some of those are so old and out of date, they were fixed in a different way or something and forgotten about to close them.... so yeah, otservbr has 7x the bugs we can see

Attachments

@Nekiro it's very nice to see you can search for "crash" in the issue log. By the way, thank god we know our issues and have them cataloged at least...
but you forgot one essential thing: to read each one before you posted and to also filter the closed ones. Try again troll.

It is a very delicate topic and no one should argue about who is better.
There is no one better, this should be a fight over which project is better, both are co-dependent, and guess what? Both are still with lots of issues and crashes, and when something is fixed in one, it's cherry picked to another so what's the point of this discussion?

Shouldn't we all be using this time to discuss how we can improve architecture and make the code less entagled and shitty?
Post automatically merged:

If you would like to see proof there is more bugs in otservbr than tfs, here you go
Go to google and search about "selection bias"

You are just being defensive bro, you asked for proof, the proof is there. The "selection bias" I made was towards selecting BUGS? How is that bias? Because as far as I know, things listed as ENHANCEMENT or other options, don't really have anything to do with causing system instability as they are just requests to add stuff.... so yeah, the BUGS are exactly what we want to look at when trying to figure out which version is more STABLE.

You are just being defensive bro, you asked for proof, the proof is there. The "selection bias" I made was towards selecting BUGS? How is that bias? Because as far as I know, things listed as ENHANCEMENT or other options, don't really have anything to do with causing system instability as they are just requests to add stuff.... so yeah, the BUGS are exactly what we want to look at when trying to figure out which version is more STABLE.
The selection bias is because you have a project with more people actively reporting and raising issues, just because you see more reports this doesn't mean more bugs.

If someone goes there and closes all the issues without resolving them mean there are no issues? If no one raises an issue it means there are none?The fact that we have more known issues is actually a good thing, some of those have even PRs to solve them already, it's a matter of the community working together to fix the others or reviewing the PRs that are open.

Well the wolf boy has scolded me :D, I did not say that OTBR was bad :( and you still attack me, what a bad person you are, I better not say more things to you

so what's the point of this discussion?
Because you asked? You were the one who said

and when presented, you still act like its all irrelevant or someone ELSE is being the bias one?

I don't give a damn who uses which server, you asked, and facts are facts. Otservbr has much more BUGS which therefore makes it more unstable, whether or not the reason is this or that (because more or less devs) is IRRELEVANT to the FACT that it is more UNSTABLE.

Attachments

Well the wolf boy has scolded me :D, I did not say that OTBR was bad :( and you still attacked me, what a bad person you are, I better not say more things to you
I don't understand how you could ever think my answer was an attack

@Codinablack
Yea man, whatever. Think what you want and use whatever base you want. Is this what you want to hear? I'm not spending another minute discussing with someone that simply don't have the basic interpretation skills to understand what I'm explaining. No wonder why @fabian766 quit, it's simply impossible to try and to something good for this community and not be bashed about it.

'd like you to present me the data that back such claims..
Hmm.. even after I posted fixes for ~10 common crash reasons, they still not merged it for over a week:
Post automatically merged:

'd like you to present me the data that back such claims..
Hmm.. even after I posted fixes for ~10 common crash reasons, they still not merged it for over a week:

Heya,

I've been trying to complete my items.xml file with 12.70. While adding the new Eldritch gear, I noticed some new attributes, such as:
  • earth magic level +1 (or fire, death, holy, energy, ice)
  • Magic Shield Capacity +80 and 8%
  • 42 Damage Reflection
  • Perfect Shot +65 at range 4
  • Cleave 3%
Are they included in the newer TFS distro's yet? I'm curious how to name them. Thanks in advance.
I'm not so sure they are there yet, but you can go to src/items.cpp and see all options that can be added in items.xml

we have asked support in the discord for people to test your change but the nature of this change takes more time to be validated.

Also we need to identify any colateral effect on other 4376437643 systems as the base don't have any automatic testing method whatsoever.
I understand your frustration with PRs staling, but there are better ways to address that. Why you don't join discord and talk to the team so you can help reviewing PRs?

Also, you psoted it about one week ago dude, I don't see this kinda of frustration from you with PRs that are over one year in tfs

Back