• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion New Board/New Option

JDB

OtLand Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Somewhere that people who have great idea's, can post them.
The reason I thought of this is because lately, most scripters have just been,
optomizing scripts, or updating them...and it is kinda boring.
We need new ideas!

Notice:
I know there is "Request & Support" but that is not the same.
I think there should be somewhere for "Suggestions & Ideas."

Not a sticky, but a whole board.

Titles: [New Threads]

[Action] ......
[Talkaction] ......
[MoveEvent] ......
[CreatureScripts] ......

Or

Add [Suggestion] to "Requests & Support."
(For the thread name/titles)

Last edited:
Signed, I usually brainstorm with LUA's xd

How about another complete board for MOD scripts.

I need a tutorial and some examples for those.

My Thoughts

What do you mean "changing the name?"
I just suggested a new board, in LUA & XML.
Essentially, you're just offering up the same idea as requests with a different name. The only difference is that what ideas will be created are not necessarily going to be used.

With a normal request, a person will come up with an idea or something they need made and it may be granted and then they, and anyone else who wants/needs those scripts, will use it. With this people suggest ideas and things to be made and then the public uses it (the scripts or just the idea). Essentially, it's the same result with a different name. The only real difference is that the original poster might not necessarily use what is made for them here. If a person just wants to post ideas to see them implemented in OTs, there's no reason they can't just submit them here or request the scripts required for the idea and post that suggestion there. Hell, if they had enough ideas they could even start a blog or usergroup to distribute them in mass and get some usage out of these undervalued resources we have available to us.

Excuse my negativity. I do agree ideas should be shared, but there are other ways that are already available that just aren't recognised by the community here.

@Up,

It will not be the same thing, it's for ideas about scripts.
No Ideas or Suggestions should be actually created in this section.
(Maybe by PM, or some other form of communication)

or add ([Suggestion] "Suggestion Here.") to "Requests & Support."

I'm not saying it's the same thing.
I'm merely suggesting that a user can achieve the same results using other methods.

I'm not saying it's the same thing.
I'm merely suggesting that a user can achieve the same results using other methods.

Yes that is true, but those "Other Methods" are merely allowed in "Requests & Support."
I do understand what you are stating.

Sorry, I don't mean to be stubborn.
I'm just curious as to see if its going to get utilised to it's full extent.
Suppose if it doesn't, it'll just get removed anyway ;)
[noparse]sorry, hate to be an asshole pointing out grammatical flaws :p[/noparse]
How do you mean "merely allowed"?

Bumping again, I would really like to see this. If people see great ideas, the are going to create it. This way custom maps will get back on the top I hope.

Back