• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Computer Problem!!!

Gitzmo

Combat Bird
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I recently got a new computer to provide me with better and faster hosting services. Well 1st things 1st my ot seems to just randomly "close" the TFS launcher just completely exits at random points in time. I am using Windows 7 professional 64bit. And I use to use a 32bit windows XP professional. Could this be a simple fix maybe something that may not be compatible between the 2?

Hello everyone. So I recently got a new computer to provide me with better and faster hosting services. Well 1st things 1st my ot seems to just randomly "close" the TFS launcher just completely exits at random points in time. I am using Windows 7 professional 64bit. And I use to use a 32bit windows XP professional. Could this be a simple fix maybe something that may not be compatible between the 2?

Did it ever shut off when you used Win XP 32bit? If it did then it's a bug in your server, can't tell you what since you wouldn't have the error report. If not then it probably is a compatibility issue and as Pow said, right click, properties and run in compatibility mode with Win XP 32 bit.

- - - Updated - - -

and the item you right click needs to be the .exe file for the server.

- - - Updated - - -

If nothing works, then either:
1) Go back to Win XP 32 bit and deal with it
or
2) Find another stable server, move your stuff to it (only important things) and little by little run it and shut it down and re-run the server and test your features to make sure they work properly...

Well thanks everyone for your replies. I tried restarting and it never did it on my 32 bit computer. Could it be an issue that I havn't activated the computer with a product key yet? or DLL's being for 32bit only? or something along those lines? going back to 32bit is not an option would be pointless to have 8gb of ram on a 32bit operating system.

- - - Updated - - -

activated my system and it still does it could be something with DLLs?

Well thanks everyone for your replies. I tried restarting and it never did it on my 32 bit computer. Could it be an issue that I havn't activated the computer with a product key yet? or DLL's being for 32bit only? or something along those lines? going back to 32bit is not an option would be pointless to have 8gb of ram on a 32bit operating system.

- - - Updated - - -

activated my system and it still does it could be something with DLLs?

Have you tried running everything in compatibility mode with Win XP 32bit on your Win 7 machine?

Yupp and it still did it but after i did it a second time now its staying strong hoping it stays like this!

Yuup will do and thanks for the help I am thinking the compatibility helped.

- - - Updated - - -

So I had it going good and for some reason lastnight while I was sleeping.... The computer shut off and back on said it recovered from an unexpected shutdown. But I am not sure what caused that one.

might as well just CLOSE this thread. I sent back the computer it was driver issues alongside the fact that who built the computer didn't know a damn thing about what they were doing. (DO NOT BUY ANY COMPUTERS FROM LY COMPUTER INC)

Back