• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New DEV Notes: Character World Transfer

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Character World Transfer

What?

We are planning to implement a character world transfer system which allows players to move an already existing character to another world. So a character will no longer be bound to the world on which he was created. The restrictions we currently have in mind are outlined below.

Why?

First of all, many players already expressed the wish to move a character to another world. There are different motivations and reasons behind that wish but some of the most frequently mentioned reasons are:

• I decided for a server type without being aware of its special characteristics or because I expected something different.
  • Power abuse is rampant on my world and I suffer from it.
  • New server types were introduced when I had already created and levelled a character on an existing world.
  • My connection is laggy since I play on a server which is located too far away from my home country.
  • I have friends on another world.

Additionally, we are planning to introduce a war mode which we already explained in the last dev note. We are aware such a feature together with other changes will fundamentally alter the general conditions of the server types. Therefore, we are working on a realignment and redefinition of the server types. This means, however, players will be confronted with new conditions and server characteristics. Thus, we want to offer a world transfer service that gives players the chance to choose again on which type of server they would like to play. We will make it clear what you have to expect if you decide for a server type.

We know that the possibility to transfer a character to another world might also sound appealing to players with destructive intentions or players whose character has an inglorious past. We do not want to impose too many restrictions on the world transfer but of course, we will try to minimise the abuse potential.

Details

General

• There will be a new option similar to "change sex" in the character list of the account management page. As soon as you have submitted the request, the character you want to move will be blocked until the transfer is completed. So you have to be offline to initiate a character transfer.
  • You will have to pay separately for the service. The price is still to be determined.
  • Once the payment has been confirmed, the transfer will take place at the server save of the current world of the character.

Restrictions

• A transfer will not be allowed as long as the character owns a house, is a member of a guild or is married.
  • It will only be possible to transfer a character to a world with the same or more restricted PvP rules, which means from PvP-enforced to all worlds, from PvP to PvP or non-PvP and from non-PvP only to other non-PvP worlds. However, there will be some exceptions:

• There will be some worlds characters from all server types can move to. These worlds will get a special mark which will be listed on the website as additional information like "premium". The name is still to be determined. Most likely, there will be one of these "free to move to" worlds for each server type. For example, if a player with a character on a non-PvP world would like to play with this character on a PvP world instead, he or she can transfer it to the "free to move to" PvP world, even though it cannot be transferred to a normal PvP world.
  • It will not be possible to transfer a character to a world that is blocked for character transfers. Typically, we would block a new server for some time. Blocked worlds will get a special mark which will be listed on the website as additional information like "premium". The name is still to be determined.

• A character can only be transferred between worlds once every 6 months.
  • All depots and all containers in the inventory of the character will be deleted upon the transfer. All other items in your character's inventory as well as the bank account, the quest flags, skills, level and other character abilities (such as spells) will not be taken away from you and will also get transferred.

Side notes

• As mentioned earlier, the world transfer will come along with a server realignment and redefinition. This will not only involve the war mode but also result in further changes. We decided to focus this dev note on the world transfer service since we want to present you our future plans step by step. More details concerning the server realignment will follow in due time.
  • We are aware that character world transfers will have a huge impact on the communities on each world and their nature. Many players define the identity of their characters at least partially through the history of their world. However, the possibility to change the game world won't change the past and the historic achievements. It will have an impact on the future history of a server and most notably, it will influence a character's life. But we want to offer player further possibilities to shape their future.
  • There are other extra services which we also find interesting for the future (e.g. name change). However, we kindly ask you to focus on the character world transfer in this discussion.
  • The item restrictions are one of the points most open to change and we tend to be more generous here than restrictive.
  • What happens with blessings/AoL upon a transfer is still an open question.

We are looking forward to valuable feedback, new perspectives maybe. Keep your feedback coming but please keep it constructive and on topic.

The more constructive your feedback is, the better we can work with it!

Your Community Managers

SOURCE: Tibia - Free Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - Forum

If they would have introduced this earlier I might have continued playing.

i'll bott on that special no-pvp world and transfer to pvp world :d

i'll bott on that special no-pvp world and transfer to pvp world :d

SamJackson.gif

Last edited:
Did you actually try reading the post?

There will be some worlds characters from all server types can move to. These worlds will get a special mark which will be listed on the website as additional information like "premium". The name is still to be determined. Most likely, there will be one of these "free to move to" worlds for each server type. For example, if a player with a character on a non-PvP world would like to play with this character on a PvP world instead, he or she can transfer it to the "free to move to" PvP world, even though it cannot be transferred to a normal PvP world.
It will not be possible to transfer a character to a world that is blocked for character transfers. Typically, we would block a new server for some time. Blocked worlds will get a special mark which will be listed on the website as additional information like "premium". The name is still to be determined.

Thats pretty cool, What im really excited for is the Guild War on Non pvp worlds xD

I can't even imagine you people supporting this. Ever thought of the consequenses? What would happen to the wars? The confusion in the worlds? How unserious Tibia will and is already looking?

That's some questions I ask myself, and yet I ask myself another important one.. why is Tibia trying to copy WoW? and not trying to develope own idea's?

Finally a great update. However it will most likely cost some money. They will absolutely not do it for free. :p
(I think)...

edit: Everybody create a character on Iridia! :D

Back