• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Fishing system for TFS 1.1

Andréew

Humble mapper.
Solutions
Reaction score
I use TFS 1.1

Hey guys!
I would like to have a script or several (if needed) that will change the fishing system, i will describe to you what i had in mind :)

When you fish, you will be able to randomly get different kinds of fish.
2667 - Fish
2669 - Northern pike
7158 - Rainbow trout
7159 - Green perch
When you caught a fish weight will be determined randomly and the heavier the fish the more it sells for by an NPC, for example if i catch a Rainbow trout which weight 0.3 oz it sells for 30gp (sells for 10gp/0.1 oz. )

Depending on which rod you use and which fishing skill you got its easier to get heavier fish.
2580 - fishing rod
10223 - mechanical fishing rod
if it makes it easier then maybe mech rod should just add +10 fishing skill

and being able to fish up monsters ( Crab, Tortoise and Blood crab) but rarely happens

I dont know if all this is possible but it would be awesome if it was.
Interested in helping me out? send me a PM and maybe we can strike a deal :)

Last edited:
I use TFS 1.1

Hey guys!
I would like to have a script or several (if needed) that will change the fishing system, i will describe to you what i had in mind :)

2667 - Fish
2669 - Northern pike
7158 - Rainbow trout
7159 - Green perch
When you caught a fish weight will be determined randomly and the heavier the fish the more it sells for by an NPC, for example if i catch a Rainbow trout which weight 0.3 oz it sells for 30gp (sells for 10gp/0.1 oz. )

Depending on which rod you use and which fishing skill you got its easier to get heavier fish.
2580 - fishing rod

and being able to fish up monsters ( Crab, Tortoise and Blood crab) but rarely happens

I made a small scramble of codes, it's not tested and I'm sorry for the structure and whatever may be weird with it, I have a bad headache today :(

Anyhow, this is fishing.lua or whatever your lua file for that is named:
(3x higher chance catching the rare fishes with the mechanic rod, and 0.1% chance fishing up a random monster)
PHP:
local waterIds = {493, 4608, 4609, 4610, 4611, 4612, 4613, 4614, 4615, 4616, 4617, 4618, 4619, 4620, 4621, 4622, 4623, 4624, 4625}

local special_fishes = {2669, 7158,7159,}

local monsters = {
"Crab",
"Tortoise",
"Blood Crab",
}
function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, target, toPosition, isHotkey)

if not isInArray(waterIds, target.itemid) then
       return false
   end

toPosition:sendMagicEffect(CONST_ME_LOSEENERGY)
   if player:getItemCount(3976) >= 1 then
       player:addSkillTries(SKILL_FISHING, 1)
   else
       return true
   end
   player_skill = player:getEffectiveSkillLevel(SKILL_FISHING)
   if math.random(1, 100) <= math.min(math.max(10 + (player_skill - 10) * 0.597, 10), 50) then
       if not player:removeItem(3976, 1) then
           return true
       end

if math.random <= 1000 then
           Game.createMonster(monsters[math.random(#monsters)], player:getPosition())
       else
           if item.itemid == 2580 then
               special_chance = player_skill*0.1
           elseif item.itemid == 10223 then
               special_chance = player_skill*0.3
           end
           if math.random(1, 100) <= special_chance then
               player:addItem(special_fishes[math.random(#special_fishes)], 1)
           else
               player:addItem(2667, 1)
           end
       end

end
   return true
end

Edit:

Last edited:
I use TFS 1.1

Hey guys!

2667 - Fish
2669 - Northern pike
7158 - Rainbow trout
7159 - Green perch

2580 - fishing rod

Sounds very similar to Archlight's Fishing System.

Actually, identical.

Why does it matter tho?
Guess cause he was mapping for us :p but true, free to do the same, in all fairness im sure he didn't copy on purpose.

you know what archlights fishing system sounds very similar to?
any weight-based flash fishing game found all over the internet
dont act like its an original idea
Very true, almost no idea in any game is original anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess cause he was mapping for us :p but true, free to do the same, in all fairness im sure he didn't copy on purpose.
hah well no sorry mate! diden't know about the fishing system ;)

you know what archlights fishing system sounds very similar to?
any weight-based flash fishing game found all over the internet
dont act like its an original idea
hah " act like "? i dont read that much about different systems here on OTland since i only map, but is doing a little own localhost server for myself on spare time, ofc maybe someone ( like stated obviously archlight ) had done this before.
sorry if title was confusing for you mate :)

however since i talked with @Sir Knighter and he told me ( as i feared ) this code would be huge and would be source editing stuff, im not as interested in it anymore :)
@OpenTibiaServer i will however try your out, but just skip the weight thing and only be random fish and monster :)

hah " act like "? i dont read that much about different systems here on OTland since i only map, but is doing a little own localhost server for myself on spare time, ofc maybe someone ( like stated obviously archlight ) had done this before.

however since i talked with @Sir Knighter and he told me ( as i feared ) this code would be huge and would be source editing stuff, im not as interested in it anymore :)
@OpenTibiaServer i will however try your out, but just skip the weight thing and only be random fish and monster :)
my post was directed to knighter, not you
and huge code and source editing? hes full of shit cus he doesnt want anyone else to have it
all you need is a small lua code that randomly catches a fish based on fishing skill and changes the weight attribute, and npc buys all the fishes and gives money based on the weight attribute, nothing else

the only thing source-editing would even be useful for is if you want to sell stuff with the normal shop window, but you can sell via text np

zothion was obviously responding to sir knighter
yes this will require source edits since item attributes on stackable items get removed

and huge code and source editing? hes full of shit cus he doesnt want anyone else to have it
all you need is a small lua code that randomly catches a fish based on fishing skill and changes the weight attribute, and npc buys all the fishes and gives money based on the weight attribute, nothing else

the only thing source-editing would even be useful for is if you want to sell stuff with the normal shop window, but you can sell via text np
Small lua code? Okay write the code. Maybe yours is much more optimal then the one our scripter made. I'd like to see

makes fishes not stackable in items.xml or create new fishes that arent stackable
You dont need to do this lol :p You can make it so they can be both depending on weight

stupid solution and inconvenient for players that fish
youd have to bring backpacks upon backpacks if you want to fish lol
Exactly, also unnecessary. Im very curious to see though, since he essentially said im lieing about the amount of work to make this system working fluently and as he requested in the original post. So he obviously knows how to make it with a... small lua code D:

Very excited to see him post a working small lua code, i may have to throw our code out the window + all our source edits and use his!

oh hah just woke up im sorry, but well i think hes right about code tho.. i trust him with that.. and not wanting anyone else to have it is kind of bullshit aswell since he wrote " free to do the same, in all fairness im sure he didn't copy on purpose. " and he knows its for local host project only soo yeah

if you want to have the fish be stackable, you need some extra code in the source sure, but its completely doable in a short amount of code if you dont want them to be stackable (and you can actually use independant attributes for items in a stack without doing source edits if you really want to)

Exactly, also unnecessary. Im very curious to see though, since he essentially said im lieing about the amount of work to make this system working fluently and as he requested in the original post. So he obviously knows how to make it with a... small lua code D:

Very excited to see him post a working small lua code
ok

if you want to have the fish be stackable, you need some extra code in the source sure, but its completely doable in a short amount of code if you dont want them to be stackable (and you can actually use independant attributes for items in a stack without doing source edits if you really want to)
Then show it :D

I wasnt referring to you, sorry, i was referring to zothion.

Back