• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New graphics card

Cornex

Web Developer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, i was going to change graphics card..

What you guys think about GeForce GT640

2 GB DDR3 memory
GPU / Memory: 900/1782 MHz
Hardware support for DVD / HDTV
Direct X 11 compatible
DTS-HD

Will it handle the big games? Like black ops II ?

Gimme some feedback, thanks =)

Noooo! For gaming always look for the ones with X. I would recommend GTX 560 for a cheap one that can handle bf3 and all that shit just fine! :)

EDIT: L33t posts

So i find one 10 EUR expensiver.

GeForce GTX550TI 1GB

1 GB GDDR5
PCI-E 2.0
SLI ready
2x DVI-D, 1x mini-HDMI (HDCP)

Very powerful graphics card with 1024 MB DDR5 memory. Supports NVIDIA PhysX and Cuda with new graphics accelerated gaming effects used in particular Rift.

Better option?

So i find one 10 EUR expensiver.

GeForce GTX550TI 1GB

1 GB GDDR5
PCI-E 2.0
SLI ready
2x DVI-D, 1x mini-HDMI (HDCP)

Very powerful graphics card with 1024 MB DDR5 memory. Supports NVIDIA PhysX and Cuda with new graphics accelerated gaming effects used in particular Rift.

Better option?
Better but as I said I strongly recommend GTX 560 for better performence

Better but as I said I strongly recommend GTX 560 for better performence

Ya im sure it is better but it is double up over my budget

Yeah, but i don't wanna upgrade my comp atm with an new good card. Just buyin some fore the moment until i'm build complete my new comp ;P

And then i hope this i wrote up will be alright until then, just wanna skip al these super slowmotion shit xd

EDIT; This cards should suit most of comps? I dont wanna buy some shit and it don't fit with my computer.

The card is right, but idk about height and length etc

Last edited:
Big games like COD? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHYOU'VE MADE MY DAY.

If u have more money, I can recommend u a gtx 670. No lags, full HD, best graphics (Battlefield 3, Max Payne 3, Napoleon TW, Metro 2033, worse in ArmA2).

well tbh if you wanna play games like bo2 and future games you need to pay atleast 2500 SEK. :/

Bullshit. You can run Cod and BF easily with budget graphics cards.. Just not on max settings..

Bullshit. You can run Cod and BF easily with budget graphics cards.. Just not on max settings..

Well who wanna play bf3 when it looks like tetris? I was aiming for atleast high setting.

Well, i got the gtx 550, but i put it into the computer and it wont start.. (the card)

Anyone got any idea for installing new cards?

Well, i got the gtx 550, but i put it into the computer and it wont start.. (the card)

Anyone got any idea for installing new cards?

Gave it enough power? Make sure its not glitching (against the motherboard) Other wise just put it in and run? ANd install drivers?

I do like i do with my old one, and the old one run like an charm. but the new one don't even start

I do like i do with my old one, and the old one run like an charm. but the new one don't even start

So probably power? Otherwise try to pick it out and in again. Or it might be an "fabriksfel" sorry for the Swedish but godiskungen understands :)

So probably power? Otherwise try to pick it out and in again. Or it might be an "fabriksfel" sorry for the Swedish but godiskungen understands :)

haha i dont think it is "Fabriksfel" xd but the cards get hot after some time like it should, but the "fläkt" dont starts and screen dont work haha -.-

haha i dont think it is "Fabriksfel" xd but the cards get hot after some time like it should, but the "fläkt" dont starts and screen dont work haha -.-

wtf? the fan dont start? on some grapich card you need to put some extra power on to on top of it have you connected this? Or made sure its not needed. Ok I explain really bad so here's a picture

asus-geforce-gtx550.jpg

This is an asus version of the gtx 550 and you can see on top of the card and to the very fasr to right you can see that there is a place where you can connect something. This is some extra power some new grapic cards need. And since you just bought a new one im just going to guess that you had an old one before and might not had this extra power thingy.

Ok I explain really bad hope u understand if not PM me and I can answer in Swedish.

ya i have that shit ,

3936_05_palit_geforce_gtx_550_ti_1gb_sonic_video_card_in_sli_review_full.jpg

DOnt find any space to put this shit ,S

Back