• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New items can't be sold by npc/equipped with hotkey

Taurus

Texass
Solutions
Reaction score
So I've created a few new items (TP scroll, etc) but NPCs will NOT sell the items. Likewise, hotkey will NOT equip the items. (Sorry not possible) BUT if I put in the item that I copied the sprite from, THEN it will work.

I can put the items in action scripts, defined by their item id and they will work, players can get the item from a script, but not an npc.

These are not custom sprites, I don't use a custom client.

It's as if there is an item id "range" that these number are outside of. I use TFS 1.3 (OTX)

Any ideas?

Bump

Be really nice to hear anyone's ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is saying:

He created new items (added them to items.otb/items.xml) but just copied the sprites of other items.

The new created items will not sell to NPC and do not work with hotkeys.

He needs to know how to fix that.

He is saying:

He created new items (added them to items.otb/items.xml) but just copied the sprites of other items.

The new created items will not sell to NPC and do not work with hotkeys.

He needs to know how to fix that.
Yeah, exactly that.

Without a modified spr and dat I don't think it'll work. Maybe find an alternate way to buy them.
I figured this might be the case with the hotkey... I can't imagine what would stop the NPC from selling it by itemid tho.

Hotkey = client id
Itemid = server id

Unless I'm mistaken.

Well the server has to register the item being sold from the client so its possible that is causing the issue for NPC aswell.

mmm I suppose.

I'll just let this thread die, it doesn't look like there is any interest in figuring out why this happens, even in an educational aspect... Ty anyway everyone.

Sorry for revive this topic, but, I'm having the same problem, someone know a way to fix that? I added the item in items.otb and items.xml, not using a custom sprite.

Back