• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Map Editor

Fallen

Freelancer
Senator
Reaction score
Hello, ForgottenMapEditor is a new Map Editor written in C++0x with OpenGL 2.X+ currently supported OS's are Linux, Mac OS X and Windows. It uses LUA scripting for almost everything which makes it flexible and easy to edit. It shall be considered an official OtLand map editor when it's released.

Credits:
Me
Dalkon
Edubart
Baxnie
And some others who I don't have in mind at the moment.

Screenshots:
eva8i.jpg

forgotten.otbm(2):
lx6jD.png

emperia.otbm:
rYAsh.jpg

(drag and drop test):
dD3sV.jpg

(tibia global map loaded in 2 seconds!)
PGcvm.jpg

(thanks to edubart for the last 2)
1bqRQ.jpg

rxvfE.jpg

I'm open to suggestions & constructive feedback.

Public repo links:
C++ development: https://github.com/edubart/otclient
Module development: https://github.com/allanference/forgottenmapeditor

Follow me on GitHub!

Last edited:
ojai thar, najs stuff you've been working on :D

I see you failed to fix the spacing between ground tiles, not bad just wondering why did you include your taskbar in the image.

you can only make it better than RME if you don't make the same mistakes Remere did

Black BG, organize the tiles and fix that white outline that appears when you "draw" a tile, overall nice work! I hope to see more of this.

what client is it supporting? or it still doesn't support any clients and it's just on testing and so?

I believe he just made support for the current client, but does it load earlier ones? probably not, or maybe but buggy because of different Dat structure.

Black BG, organize the tiles and fix that white outline that appears when you "draw" a tile, overall nice work! I hope to see more of this.

what client is it supporting? or it still doesn't support any clients and it's just on testing and so?
It should support 8.6+, also thanks for your suggestions

why don't you like my posts?
XD sorry
ojai thar, najs stuff you've been working on :D

I see you failed to fix the spacing between ground tiles, not bad just wondering why did you include your taskbar in the image.

you can only make it better than RME if you don't make the same mistakes Remere did
Yeah, about the spacing, its gonna be fixed, its just cause of white bg, sorry about taskbar thingy.

WOW. very good job.

this great big potential to become a nice editor .. just fix all the bugs remeres has. (auto bordering, corpses)

WOW. very good job.

this great big potential to become a nice editor .. just fix all the bugs remeres has. (auto bordering, corpses)
there don't seem to be many features available, which could mean there's bugs yet to be introduced. not fix.

Uploaded new screenshot,

DONE: Edit Towns Dialog, and more...
TODO: Map saving (not really hard)

Add noneditable text widgets at status bar so it has kind of deepness effect. Also maybe some Toolbar? Well, first finish basic features like map loading/saving and then write rest of features. Keep it up.

Add noneditable text widgets at status bar so it has kind of deepness effect. Also maybe some Toolbar? Well, first finish basic features like map loading/saving and then write rest of features. Keep it up.
thank you for your suggestions, they really make me keep developing it...

good luck trololololol

Wish this is better than RME, as RME is no longer developed! :D (No official release for RME for 8.7+)

Question: Will you add pallets btw or will it all be raw? :eek:

Also, context menu item on tiles with "Add temple here" or something would be nice, it's kinda annoying to remember positions when adding new town.

cyko what did remere do wrong in rme? ;p

btw Add old simones feature, right click black square and it will fill it will selected item, (ground, like earth or sand etc) would be nice :p

Back