• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Mapper

Hviles

I am Hviles.
Premium User
Reaction score
Twitch
Hviles
I recently started fiddling with mapping and I've looked through a few of the posts here. But most of them seem pretty old and outdated. Anyone got any tips to do's and do not's regarding caves/huntinggrounds?

Will be much appreciated.

I recently started fiddling with mapping and I've looked through a few of the posts here. But most of them seem pretty old and outdated. Anyone got any tips to do's and do not's regarding caves/huntinggrounds?

Will be much appreciated.

Practice and have an idea before starting a map. I don't like getting influenced by other map pieces because you'll end up trying to mimic and that will lead you nowhere if you are unable to create your own things.

Maps need to be first playable and then good looking. Don't get obsessed with showoffs - you need to find a good balance for you. The more time you spend on a map piece the less return in quality you'll be getting to the point you may find yourself working on a map and actually not improving it.

Try to find what works for you, you'll develop tricks and shortcuts to make your maps - once you get the hang of it you can start improving in quality and speeding up the process which is also a very important thing.

Back