• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion New or more ways to donate

Exedion

Reaction score
I suggest it would be good for other continents and countries (like mine, Venezuela) to implement new way or more to donate as sms through a system like daopay.

@up same.. He thinks that doapay takes do mutch cash to him for add it, just add youre card to Paypal..

At first glance, it looks like phone payment services like DaoPay "take more money". Actually, it depends on the amount if you have a close look at the fees PayPal or credit cards are charging.

For some amounts, yes, phone payments services take a bigger bit of the cake (remember: telecom carrieres, vat, the payment service have to be paid. btw, DaoPay takes a 2-3% share) - but only after converting a decent cake into a huge, multi-story cake with frosting and fancy decoration. In other words, you reach a lot more people if you allow them to pay with SMS, mobile or home phone.

Let me know if you are interested in a detailed discussion and/or more information (e.g., the extremely high conversion rates DaoPay enjoys)...

You always can contact me directly: arnold (at) daopay.com

You guys take 60% from ots. I did almost only got 30 euro this month insted of 90 euro.

At first glance, it looks like phone payment services like DaoPay "take more money". Actually, it depends on the amount if you have a close look at the fees PayPal or credit cards are charging.

For some amounts, yes, phone payments services take a bigger bit of the cake (remember: telecom carrieres, vat, the payment service have to be paid. btw, DaoPay takes a 2-3% share) - but only after converting a decent cake into a huge, multi-story cake with frosting and fancy decoration. In other words, you reach a lot more people if you allow them to pay with SMS, mobile or home phone.

Let me know if you are interested in a detailed discussion and/or more information (e.g., the extremely high conversion rates DaoPay enjoys)...

You always can contact me directly: arnold (at) daopay.com

It's a huge difference when you compare PayPal and DaoPay, with DaoPay I get approximately 35% (this number is the number I get when I calculate the value of the amount of money made two months before the payout) of what the customers pay while I get almost the whole cake when using PayPal. The fee when I receive a payment with 9 USD is just 0.65 USD, so I don't think you can compare yourself to PayPal no matter what amount is paid. It's obviously going to be a lower payout with a phone & sms payment service than with a credit card payment service.

When you're saying that DaoPay only takes a 2-3% share, does that mean my payouts would be higher compared to these services?
https://www.wobtel.se/page/earn
http://www.mosms.com/se/docs.php?visa=trafikersattningar
Zaypay - Coverage and payouts

I don't know if I'm counting right, but if I am, all these three websites will give me a better payout (even though MOSMS takes 8% of the share and Wobtel takes 4% of the share).

So lets say that I'm using DaoPay, I get 35% of what the customers pay two months later and that's not just it. I have to pay taxes on top of that too which is approximately 30% in Sweden. It won't be much money left after that, but you are saying that DaoPay only takes a 2-3% share so I don't know, perhaps DaoPay is the better choice after all but I haven't tried Wobtel, MOSMS or ZayPay so I can't really comment that.

I should also add that I am very dissatisfied with the DaoPay support, I reported a very serious issue a few months back and it took up to two days to get response from the support and instead of looking into this very serious issue they kept asking me for proof, saying that some of the mails I sent were not received because an account is not registered on my e-mail, and indications that this was not true.

To quote parts of e-mails I received:
"All the customers should get the information that this hint is not correct."
"We would appreciate if you could help us to find out who's responsible for this wrong information."
"Thank you very much for letting us know, and sorry about the other email, it seems it was deleted by the system because it's not your registered Daopay email address."

Oh, one of the times I mailed the support I even had to wait five days, and at this fifth day I decided to send them another e-mail to see what was going on and then I got a response just one hour later... It is also very confusing to know where to mail your issues, most of the times I've had to mail both [email protected] and [email protected] to be sure that the support receives my e-mails.

It would be quite interesting to get a response on this post with some comparison between DaoPay and other phone & sms payment services, because right now it looks like we are going with ZayPay if we ever are going to add the option to pay with phone & sms. The only downside I see with ZayPay compared to DaoPay is the lack of support for many countries but the payout seems to be better and their support even offered to have one of their programmers looking into ZayPay vBulletin support and it didn't take too long time to get a response from them.

Please make MOSMS for us swedish people? :p I use that and I recommend it..

1. Zaypay takes ~5%, but keep in mind that the deals the companies can make with the tele companies are the most important, if you can make a uber deal with telia, you can take 20% and still be the nr 1.

MOSMS with Telia, pay 90SEK, then you get ~51SEK out. Say you profit for 47SEK of that, -30% = ~30SEK.

Now, there are a lot of topics to be answered.
1) Comparison with PayPal: Here, it depends on the amount (= your price). According to the PayPal website, the official transaction fee is 3,4 % + €0,35 EUR. And yes, there are prices where you get more money from PayPal. They do not have to pay for the telecom carriers. In most cases, however, you need to have a credit card or bank account. So, you are missing out on many people without. But even if people have a credit card or bank account, not all your prospective customers want to give away this sensitive information. (The conversion rate could be the subject of another discussion.)
2) Payouts of wobtel, mosms.com, zaypay
If you want to stick to Sweden, wobtel and mosms are alternatives. Since I unfortunately do not speak Swedish and I don’t really trust Google Translate, it is difficult for me to compare. Wobtel seems like a solution exclusively for Sweden. Mosms offers other countries as well but I cannot quite discover how they will bill, let’s say 14 Euros in Albania. So, I cannot really give a substantial answer here. Sorry about that.
If you compare DaoPay with other mobile payment services, make sure that you check if the payouts are before or after taxes. Believe me: it pays off to compare. Since you mentioned Zaypay, I took a look at their payouts for Sweden the other day. I picked this SMS payout by random: 200.00 kr per text message / 160.00 kr per text message / € 10.50 per text message / 97 days. Then I checked out the exchange rate € - Swedish Krona (1€ = 9.79601 SEK) and multiplied 10.50€ with this rate: 102,858105 SEK is your payout. To make sure: Check out the price your consumer had to pay: 200 SEK. Maybe I am mistaken, but now our payouts do not seem so bad, don't they?

Furthermore, if Zaypays' payouts are that great why do they have to switch currency? Of course, we @ DaoPay are not perfect but we try to be as transparent as possible. We know that we still can get better. So if you have any suggestions, e-mail them to me! I am always happy about any feedback!

This “being not perfect” brings me to
3) Lousy DaoPay support: I am really sorry if you our support team screwed up. I will forward them your posting and ask for a statement! I do hope that I do not have to wait as long as you…
As I said above: We are not perfect and since I want to help to improve our product and service I am out here in a forum like yours. And that’s why I am always grateful for any feedback. Nevertheless, I know that they are a bunch of nice, helpful people and that they have to follow a certain procedure making sure that only the owner of the account gets access…
So, I will look into this serious issue – and if you run into any problems with DaoPay again, please do contact me: Arnold (at) daopay.com

P.S. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss this issue! I really appreciate it.

You forgot that 95% of the donors got a server and get money into their paypal account, therefore I dobt it's a higher coverage anyway.

Well, take the price for 200SEK (about 20.5EUR), you give a payout of 7.71 (after taxes), take Zaypay, you got to call for 6:40min (200SEK), gives you 10.4562EUR, good for me that lives outside of EU, I just can put that as income (the taxation guys said it was OK, got their written consent for it :p), for people inside EU, thats: 7.84215. Still 0.13 better. But sweden is really one of Daopays better sides.

Back