New OT Project: OTServBR - Global (10x outdated with sprites 12.15)

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I present to you the newest project OTServBR - Global

First, a quick introduction:

Our idea is to rescue the old Open Tibia community (free of charge as far as we can)
Putting an end to the sale of sources and datapacks that are in the hands of some people who call themselves developers.
People who are making thousands of reais or dollars a month on top of a project (OpenTibia) that was developed from the 0 for free, by developers who were in fact in favor of the community.
We will initiate what we hope to be the revolution of the current (shameful) Open Tibia community (unfortunately I believe it is only in the Brazilian community, this situation) ... We apologize to all who worked on OpenTibia for years to see the situation arrive at this critical point. We will do our best to reverse this situation (or at least soften it), even though many of these malicious people will get their hands on content even though they do not deserve it (those who deserve it should not pay for the error of somes )
PS: We apologize to the entire Open Tibia community for bugged repositories and malicious OTXBR people who have turned OTServer into a market.

Notes:
We will follow the new features of the global as much as possible, but we will need the help of our employees to be better.
We added the new TFS revscript to our source as well as several posted fixes and we thank you deeply to the devs and contributors from The Forgotten Server and the OTLand forum for the great work they have done to the Open Tibia community and the OTServBR forum for supporting our project.
Keep in mind that the protocol has not been updated, is stopped at 11.49, we will be using and making available an outdated client 10 together with the project containing the most current sprites.

Support Oficial:
OTServBR Forum

See the Readme:

Click Here

See the ChangeLog:
Click Here

Compile with AppVeyor:
Click Here

GitHub Info
GitHub OTServBR - Global
Contributors
Bug Report
Clients and Tools

Credits
MartyX and The Forgotten Server.

Special Thanks:
OTServBR Forum
OTLand Forum

Discord Group
WhatsApp Group

Download:
DataPack
Executable 32/64

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred =D

Best answers
Reaction score
Thank you Eduardo, it seems a promising project.

I am still new in the OTworld, so I am sorry if my question is a bit silly.

After compiling the last sources for TFS, editing the config.lua and setting up the database, my server starts loading but after 'Loading map' the script simply breaks (no errors).

I managed to successfully load the original forgotten server and also manage to load other datapack with the same executables.

(By the way, I am not sure what is happening about other people stealing the project, but I want to help with the original one, I have several ideas I want to port from another game plugin I am developing to OTplugins and am looking for a initial project to start with)

OP
EduardoDantas

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Thank you Eduardo, it seems a promising project.

I am still new in the OTworld, so I am sorry if my question is a bit silly.

After compiling the last sources for TFS, editing the config.lua and setting up the database, my server starts loading but after 'Loading map' the script simply breaks (no errors).

I managed to successfully load the original forgotten server and also manage to load other datapack with the same executables.

(By the way, I am not sure what is happening about other people stealing the project, but I want to help with the original one, I have several ideas I want to port from another game plugin I am developing to OTplugins and am looking for a initial project to start with)
Unzip the world.rar, we compress due to github limit files with more than 100mb
About project theft: there will always be people like this ... unfortunately the br br community has turned lukewarm into trash ... but we're here to sort this out.

Fred =D

Best answers
Reaction score
Oh, I thought it would be a silly thing! =p

I did what you said but then I started having other issues so I did a fresh compile (using your sources for C++) and am having some issues any.

Just saw you have a discord group so I will ask there. Thanks for the help!

OP
EduardoDantas

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Oh, I thought it would be a silly thing! =p

I did what you said but then I started having other issues so I did a fresh compile (using your sources for C++) and am having some issues any.

Just saw you have a discord group so I will ask there. Thanks for the help!
What are the mistakes? use our entire pack as there are several changes necessary for the source. Enter the discord and use the channel english

Fred =D

Best answers
Reaction score
Yeah, I just did it. I asked on the channel pt because I am from Brazil too!

Dreww

Veteran OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this.
Im having the next error trying to move items to floor or anywhere:
Any idea?

OP
EduardoDantas

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
You using custom map and have global scripts actives, it cause conflicts... remove the line 321 from players.lua "checkWallArito"

rojberick

Best answers
Reaction score
Hey Eduardo - I gotta say it's a pretty good distribution. I've been using it and tweaking around playing offline by myself but I am having a blast. And the overall polish is top notch.
I have a question about OTClient. When I tried to enter the server (using OTBRCLIENT you provided to someone in some topic) it says "Only clients with protocol Only support outdated 10.00 and versions 11.00 to 11.49 allowed". I copy-pasted sprites and .dat from the github sources

EDIT: I changed required client version in the config to 10.98 and the error message said "only official client allowed".

Is it possible to somehow set it up and if so - could you kindly guide me how should I do that?
Thanks

Last edited:
OP
EduardoDantas

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Hey Eduardo - I gotta say it's a pretty good distribution. I've been using it and tweaking around playing offline by myself but I am having a blast. And the overall polish is top notch.
I have a question about OTClient. When I tried to enter the server (using OTBRCLIENT you provided to someone in some topic) it says "Only clients with protocol Only support outdated 10.00 and versions 11.00 to 11.49 allowed". I copy-pasted sprites and .dat from the github sources

EDIT: I changed required client version in the config to 10.98 and the error message said "only official client allowed".

Is it possible to somehow set it up and if so - could you kindly guide me how should I do that?
Thanks
Are you trying to use OTClient? It is disabled in the source, because it is possible to send bytes by it crashing the server (this is bug in the OTC), we have decided to deactivate it by default. I can guide you to reactivate.

OP
EduardoDantas

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
In protocolgame.cpp switch:

Code:
if (operatingSystem >= CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_LINUX) {
        disconnectClient("Only official client is allowed!");
        return;
    }
Per:

Code:
if (operatingSystem >= CLIENTOS_OTCLIENT_LINUX) {

NetworkMessage opcodeMessage;

opcodeMessage.addByte(0x32);

opcodeMessage.addByte(0x00);

opcodeMessage.add<uint16_t>(0x00);

writeToOutputBuffer(opcodeMessage);

}

rojberick

Best answers
Reaction score
Thank you Eduardo! I don't have much experience compiling but I think after an hour of reading I'll be able to do it.

OP
EduardoDantas

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
Hahaha nothing
And thank you for the compliments, come a lot more ahead

guiismiti

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
tyvm Eduardo!

The map is based in the same global map most people have been using for years, so there is that same old problem with Venore:

OP
EduardoDantas

EduardoDantas

Intermediate OT User
Best answers
Reaction score
unfortunately it is based on otx, and in the case of a bug, you can expect anything

thanks

Paco

Best answers
Reaction score
unfortunately it is based on otx, and in the case of a bug, you can expect anything

thanks
Somebody could just upload it with the .exe compiled WORKING console within the .zip?
Is there a way to play it as old mysql servers with In-Game account makers and no need of xaamp or all that?
Just need quick fun with my friends :3

Last edited: