• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Pc Old Monitor - Problem

Mile Kitic

Banned User
Solutions
Reaction score
Kind reegards OTLand community,
I've bought today an PC
Lenovo
I5-3470
8GB DDR3 Ram
GTX 1050ti 4GB DDR5 (Brand New),
I'm using an old monitor Phillips 190B 19inch.
My pc has 1x DVI 2x HDMI ports, because my monitor is old, theres no HDMI port so I pick DVI.
I tried to connect DVI cable with monitor and PC, but on monitors it says no video input, either I tried an Adapter which converts DVI to VGA but still no sense, same shows, once I connect my monitor on old pc I was using it works fine.
Thought maybe its some PC problem, I'm not verry intelligent when it comes to PC work but do I have to update Graphich card drivers in fact to get my DVI port working?
I wish to know your answer guys.
Thanks !

Confirm all the usuals.

Take out and reseat graphics card and ram.
Make sure they click fully.

Check the power connections for the motherboard and graphics card to ensure they are fully connected and the pins aren't damaged.

If the connection is to the motherboard, remove the graphics card altogether, and see if the screen powers up.

Also check the wattage of your power supply, to ensure your entire system is getting enough power.

Sometimes on old monitors, there is a button on the side of the monitor to change the display function that may or may not need to be pressed for it to check for the correct signal.

The above should resolve the issue, but if not, google searching would be the next step I'd take.

Confirm all the usuals.

Check the power connections for the motherboard and graphics card to ensure they are fully connected and the pins aren't damaged.

If the connection is to the motherboard, remove the graphics card altogether, and see if the screen powers up.

Also check the wattage of your power supply, to ensure your entire system is getting enough power.

Sometimes on old monitors, there is a button on the side of the monitor to change the display function that may or may not need to be pressed for it to check for the correct signal.

The above should resolve the issue, but if not, google searching would be the next step I'd take.
Thanks for answer m8,
Sure ill do as you said, one more thing, I just tried it with HDMI through my TV and it works fine.

Confirm all the usuals.

Just done all your steps and still no sense.
Ill try to change my dvi cable tomorrow.
I still think there is problem

i had thing like that it was caused by static left in gpu so i would have to turn off pc unplug power cable and hold power for few seconds (resetting bios also worked for me to get screen to show feed as before it would say check connection etc)

i had thing like that it was caused by static left in gpu so i would have to turn off pc unplug power cable and hold power for few seconds (resetting bios also worked for me to get screen to show feed as before it would say check connection etc)
Bought new Monitor :D

There is often a function that allows you to choose between them different modes on your screen such as HDMI / DVI / VGA. Just like on a TV where you can choose between which different HDMI sockets you should watch on. Test and see so it is not set to anything else and browse between your different choices you have.

There is often a function that allows you to choose between them different modes on your screen such as HDMI / DVI / VGA. Just like on a TV where you can choose between which different HDMI sockets you should watch on. Test and see so it is not set to anything else and browse between your different choices you have.
Bought new Monitor :D

Back