• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Retro Hardcore PvP tibia server with no vouchers?

Imereth Popis

dopera.sytes.net
Solutions
Reaction score
In April fools' I have opened the tibia.com page to check something about a lost character and seen the fresh news about the new cipsoft's CEO and in the post there were a image that it's a guy creating a character on a Retro Hardcore PvP server... I came from a joke in other website and I said, ok, It's April Fools but just thought about the reality... Here is the image:

intern_ceo.png

Today after speaking with some friends and speculate a bit about if It's true or not I just came again to the website to check and found this:

"
letter_martel_S.gif
ome of you may have guessed it already, intern CEO was an April Fools' joke. There's no mystery man inside CipSoft.
It is still your dedicated Tibia team working hand in hand with all the other departments in CipSoft to bring you a unique and unforgettable gameplay experience and to improve Tibia further.
A test run of a Tibia 11 Mac client at the end of April and Retro Hardcore PvP worlds in summer are just two of the things we have in store for you this year."

The latest releases of new servers were conditioned by the vouchers, the people making insane powergaming. This summer of 2017 all vouchers will get exhausted and cipsoft said that they will stop giving vouchers to compensate from the kicks and some shit.

So are you hype as me about this new release from Tibia.com?

Official news replies by CipSoft members:

-Reply about Tibia 11
Greetings!

> Are there any plans on adding hotbars spell icons
> ect, like we have in the flash client. Ive tried 10 &
> 11 even 11 doesen't come close to being the same,
> it's just the spell managing on hotbars and such, is
> just way more easy and better compared to the other
> clients. I for one could not settle for the current
> clients, then i would probably rather not play.

Of course, we're working on improving Tibia 11 further, e.g. by adding more cool features to the client. As soon as we have more info to share, we'll let you know.
icon_wink.gif

Yours,
Mirade
-Reply about Retro Hardcore PvP
> Can you tell us if you already know the region of the
> Retro Hardcore PvP servers? EU? NA? SA? All of them?

This hasn't been discussed and decided yet but I guess there'll be a world for each location.

> So i'm wondering.... we will have new retro pvp
> worlds and also hardcore retro pvp worlds? and if
> so... Where it will be located?

For the already announced Retro Open PvP worlds, the current plan is 1x South American and 1x European. Concerning Retro Hardcore PvP, see my reply above.

> Can we get more information on the retro hardcore pvp
> servers? Such as, how much retro will it be? Frag for
> exp?

More info will be released in due time but it's basically Retro Open PvP without skull system. We're aware of the proposals to bring back XP for player kills but that's a bit more debated among players (mainly what kind of formula to apply to avoid abuse) so we can't provide a definite answer on that yet.

Yours,
Mirade
-Reply about the date of release
> Will these servers be released before or after
> vouchers expire in August? I know you guys said that
> the summer will be perfect, and I'm hoping that is
> due to BattlEye being implemented fully and vouchers
> not existing. If you release them earlier, I'm afraid
> many players will do whatever they can to get their
> hands on a voucher to get ahead of everyone else.

There's no concrete date yet but let me put it this way: we're aware of the concerns.
icon_wink.gif

> Give more info about the Mac client. I've waiting one
> for years....

Further info will follow in due time.

Yours,
Mirade
-Reply about XP for killing players
@Jess eh: The good thing is, something like XP for player killing can also be added later if these game worlds attract a decent enough amount of players. That's something we simply don't know at the moment so investing too much time in complex technical adjustments is also a bit risky. Another advantage for this approach is that it would be easier for players to provide feedback on this matter if they were already able to gain some first hand experience with the Retro Hardcore PvP setting.

Yours,
Mirade

(Sorry if the english of this post is not as good as you want)

Last edited:
Oh yea I bet, and especially because of what's going down on Dolera currently I can imagine it will be pretty intense
People is speculating about there will be the old system of "exp by killing players"... What is going to happen this summer on tibialands...

More info will be released in due time but it's basically Retro Open PvP without skull system. We're aware of the proposals to bring back XP for player kills but that's a bit more debated among players (mainly what kind of formula to apply to avoid abuse) so we can't provide a definite answer on that yet.

Yours,
Mirade

Can be nice. If you guys are going to make otland's team and play there, I could be interested in.

Bump. Added the official replies by the cipsoft members (spoilers in the post)

Exp by killing players would be broken as shit if it were implemented as it used to be. I mean, when people killed Casanna on Inferna they got 40+ levels per kill. Considering how easy it is to level up nowadays, killing your own main could be easily abused. I mean you lose a level to gain 40 or more on your sub char.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the exp by pk.

just an example, not sure if its legit, but there are some out there. Exp is insane.

Exp by killing players would be broken as shit if it were implemented as it used to be. I mean, when people killed Casanna on Inferna they got 40+ levels per kill. Considering how easy it is to level up nowadays, killing your own main could be easily abused. I mean you lose a level to gain 40 or more on your sub char.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the exp by pk.

just an example, not sure if its legit, but there are some out there. Exp is insane.
Lol that video isn't legit... exp from kills was removed before 7.6 so those addons instantly make it fake

I looked it up and it was so long ago it felt longer than what it actually was, it was removed after 8.5

Back