• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New Server Advices

Leumon

Reaction score
Hello otland 1-can you give me advices or steps about opening new 10.77 ot and make it successful

2- i want good forgotten server tfs 10.77

Thanks,

Try the discussion area.

@topic, In the end what really matters is if you enjoy making the server.
If you really want to invest time into it, look for documents on successful games, and find out the back story to it.
What makes people play? Quests? Storyline? Loot? Levels? Experiences? Community? Graphics? Exploration? New skills? Progression? Mini-Games? Raids? Guilds? Creatures? Landscape? Houses? PvP? PvE?
It all comes down to personal preference in the end, but generally you want to focus either on pvp or pve, or better yet separate the two completely.
(if attacking or attacked by a player then use this damage calculation, else use this damage.
In either case, you should really be doing whatever you want. :p

Try the discussion area.

@topic, In the end what really matters is if you enjoy making the server.
If you really want to invest time into it, look for documents on successful games, and find out the back story to it.
What makes people play? Quests? Storyline? Loot? Levels? Experiences? Community? Graphics? Exploration? New skills? Progression? Mini-Games? Raids? Guilds? Creatures? Landscape? Houses? PvP? PvE?
It all comes down to personal preference in the end, but generally you want to focus either on pvp or pve, or better yet separate the two completely.
(if attacking or attacked by a player then use this damage calculation, else use this damage.
In either case, you should really be doing whatever you want. :p
okay i want know more thing about tfs 1.0 and 1.1 what is the difference between them
and is there difference between scripts 8.6 and 10.77?

As far as I'm aware 1.1 is the go-to tfs. I'm unsure if it is the most stable, but most people seem to be migrating over to it.
(I work with someone who has invested months/years into a 0.3.7 tfs, so I don't know much more then that.)
As far as scripts are concerned 8.6/10.77 have nothing related to scripts, unless there are pre-programmed aspects of the client that can be used.
0.2xxx/0.3.6xx/0.3.7xx/0.4xx/1.0xx/1.1x (x meaning different possible revamps or versions/updates) are the main scripting points.
I'm unsure how to clarify, but if your ever needing help with a script, telling people your client version is completely useless information. (8.6/10.77)

The main different between older script 0.3.6, and newer 1.1 seems to be how it was scripted.
Basically to call the same function requires slightly different code, as it was scripted by two different teams.
I really can't explain better as I'm not really the best person to ask, and I don't know enough to make an informed reply. :p

But 1.0 was the initial release and 1.1 is 1.0 with bug fixes, and changes still happening. Idk if there is a 1.2 yet, or if that's the planned final release.

As far as I'm aware 1.1 is the go-to tfs. I'm unsure if it is the most stable, but most people seem to be migrating over to it.
(I work with someone who has invested months/years into a 0.3.7 tfs, so I don't know much more then that.)
As far as scripts are concerned 8.6/10.77 have nothing related to scripts, unless there are pre-programmed aspects of the client that can be used.
0.2xxx/0.3.6xx/0.3.7xx/0.4xx/1.0xx/1.1x (x meaning different possible revamps or versions/updates) are the main scripting points.
I'm unsure how to clarify, but if your ever needing help with a script, telling people your client version is completely useless information. (8.6/10.77)

The main different between older script 0.3.6, and newer 1.1 seems to be how it was scripted.
Basically to call the same function requires slightly different code, as it was scripted by two different teams.
I really can't explain better as I'm not really the best person to ask, and I don't know enough to make an informed reply. :p

But 1.0 was the initial release and 1.1 is 1.0 with bug fixes, and changes still happening. Idk if there is a 1.2 yet, or if that's the planned final release.
okay then if i want work on 10.77 ot i need to download forgotten server and work on it?
@Xikini

Back