• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Webdesign New Skin By Masterboltin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am replying to the first skin.
You have an overall idea of what a skin should look like down.
Sometimes simple things are just as nice looking as something that is really decorated and filled with special stuff :D. Note the saying: Sometimes Less is more.
What I would like to comment on is when using the text do not use so many filters (i'm not sure how many you used, but it looks like a few) Because sometimes the text becomes to hard to tell what is typed out and makes the design unappealing. It is nice that you added a border around the text area just try to use a less dynamic one or filter it's opacity down a bit. I don't know just a few thoughts.
Also, another note on when working with text is to choose colours that will appear nicely against your chosen background. such as the Navigation dark blue is to dark to read clearly on the black background.
I like the idea of the weapon and armor picture a the bottom of the skin, all I would have to say is that it is a bit pixilated like you largened the image. I'm not sure what program you are using, but if you have something that will allow you to use like a pen tool, or just with a steady hand, go over the image to make it smoother and cleaner.
You have a good start :) don't stop trying.

Masterboltin, feel free to pm me if you need help with anything or if you need advice about anything concerning web design.

Come on Masterboltin, I'm sure you can make something better, it's not that hard. I suggest you try doing signatures/LPs first, and then start with websites ;)

You still got a lot to learn.
But its not the worst start ever. :p

You should plan your web-layout before creating it.

Think of what kind of website you're gonna build, is it a blogg? A website for an action game? Or maybe for a Shoe company? In your case it's RPG.
Plan your work - How do you want it to look like? Bright or dark website? A big website or a small one? How will the header be, the links or the main content? What colors?

Many people creates a sketch on a piece of paper before they begin with their website and this is because if you already know how your website should look like, it's easier to make it and it goes alot faster.

Here's an example layout with a sketch I made in like 10-15 minutes just for you to see how a simple website can look like. The layout is far from complete and I didn't put any work on it as you can see :p Don't care about the font on the header, concentrate on the structure.

The sketch is made on photoshop CS2 and I never do it that way :p I often go for a piece of paper :p And it's not that good but I think you will get the point and that's what matters :)
As you can see I didn't make an RPG based layout because I ain't that good when it comes to RPG layouts ;p

I hope this helps some, here you go!

Sketch:
2ywe0p4.jpg

Layout:
10emy4y.jpg

Last edited:
You should plan your web-layout before creating it.

Think of what kind of website you're gonna build, is it a blogg? A website for an action game? Or maybe for a Shoe company? In your case it's RPG.
Plan your work - How do you want it to look like? Bright or dark website? A big website or a small one? How will the header be, the links or the main content? What colors?

Many people creates a sketch on a piece of paper before they begin with their website and this is because if you already know how your website should look like, it's easier to make it and it goes alot faster.

Here's an example layout with a sketch I made in like 10-15 minutes just for you to see how a simple website can look like. The layout is far from complete and I didn't put any work on it as you can see :p Don't care about the font on the header, concentrate on the structure.

The sketch is made on photoshop CS2 and I never do it that way :p I often go for a piece of paper :p And it's not that good but I think you will get the point and that's what matters :)
As you can see I didn't make an RPG based layout because I ain't that good when it comes to RPG layouts ;p

I hope this helps some, here you go!

Sketch:
2ywe0p4.jpg

Layout:
10emy4y.jpg

Did you make this?

It looks awfully alot like a freewebs design. ;)

@ up: Did you read my post? And do you think I need to rip freewebs design?(I even wonder if anyone would want to rip this design lol) This is a simple example website, would an advanced layout be a better example for masterboltin to learn of?

Last edited:
@ up: Did you read my post? And do you think I need to rip freewebs design?(I even wonder if anyone would want to rip this design lol) This is a simple example website, would an advanced layout be a better example for masterboltin to learn of?

HAHAHA lorem ispum thats on many free web desings. , dont try to say u made it.

and at masterboltin or whatever, ur skins takes 5 mins to make rofl

HAHAHA lorem ispum thats on many free web desings. , dont try to say u made it.

and at masterboltin or whatever, ur skins takes 5 mins to make rofl

I didn't wrote the lorem ipsum text. You can generate it on their website. The lorem Ipsum text is used for filling up your website while it's still under construction and this helps you to get a view of how it would look like if a normal text would be there.

You can test it by yourself, which text does look more attractive on your website?
"BlablablablaBlablablablaBlablablablaBlablablablaBlablablabla"
or
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit."

The right answer is the second option because it uses words and characters which looks like a real language.

You can read more about Lorum Ipsum on their website: http://www.lipsum.com/

Have a nice day :)

Last edited:
I didn't wrote the lorem ipsum text. You can generate it on their website. The lorem Ipsum text is used for filling up your website while it's still under construction and this helps you to get a view of how it would look like if a normal text would be there.

You can test it by yourself, which text does look more attractive on your website?
"BlablablablaBlablablablaBlablablablaBlablablablaBlablablabla"
or
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit."

The right answer is the second option because it uses words and characters which looks like a real language.

You can read more about Lorum Ipsum on their website: http://www.lipsum.com/

Have a nice day :)

Ah ok I admit it, you got me:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back