• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New "speed changes"

Rambo

☠ Hazard ☠
Reaction score
Apparently, I am on a level 9 and I move like a level 30+ and then I discover in the new update speeds are changed

Cipsoft is gonna ruin Tibia anymore?

jeez everyone cry about that, are you having fun walking for ages on low lvls? High lvls run too fast for this 2d client, its almost bugged... 2 weeks ago 470~ed showd his speed to people in yalahar, i saw 2 sqm of him walking when he was out of screen already.
I think this speed change is a positive thing, lower lvls should walk bit faster, higher lvls should be lil slower. I didnt notice a big change of my character speed on test server.

jeez everyone cry about that, are you having fun walking for ages on low lvls? High lvls run too fast for this 2d client, its almost bugged... 2 weeks ago 470~ed showd his speed to people in yalahar, i saw 2 sqm of him walking when he was out of screen already.
I think this speed change is a positive thing, lower lvls should walk bit faster, higher lvls should be lil slower. I didnt notice a big change of my character speed on test server.

No, you don't understand.

I used to know low levels by them walking slow, now you can't know if someone is high or low, you have to look on him. Not a serious problem but it will get annoying soon enough, beside that, Tibiacast is now lagging and freezing because of this speed change.

You USED to know, now it is time to adjust and get with the changes - and then after a week or so everyone will think this is normal and if they would change it back you all would cry....

Get with the program , tibia is changing - Don't like it? Create a better version of it.

No, you don't understand.

I used to know low levels by them walking slow, now you can't know if someone is high or low, you have to look on him. Not a serious problem but it will get annoying soon enough, beside that, Tibiacast is now lagging and freezing because of this speed change.

Yeah some "High-leveled" monsters walk faster now, like lizards and monsters like that
also it is ridiculous now it feels that haste spells dont even work anymore for lvls 200+ =(

You people, who have no idea what you guys are talking about should go out and check Tibia forum.

When you now use haste spells, it will consider your speed as a level 180+ which will end up in making you slower.

Do you understand what it means when haste spells is useless? or even if a level 120 is faster than a level 200?

I think it's a good change, I will miss the insane speed you get at really high levels, in ots specially it was one of those things that made high exp server fun; you just ran like crazy into spawns and ue'd everything :D

And that is fun? xD
Running around and pressing ue killing everything without breaking a sweat? xD

Na make it harder.

I think it's a good change, I will miss the insane speed you get at really high levels, in ots specially it was one of those things that made high exp server fun; you just ran like crazy into spawns and ue'd everything :D

I'm glad I'm not a high level yet (148), so I won't miss that super speed gladly. it would've make the higher levels more unique though.. Now a level 200 can compare with a level 350 (as what I've heard).

Everyone shoulda been slowed, instead of just 175+.
But there could be a higher base speed from start. Here's an example:

Lets say a lvl 8 had 40 base speed at 8.6, now they maybe could just make the base speed to 60 or something!

CIP had to do away with the linear speed model anyway. When they created their game I'm sure they never envisioned anyone past level 150. But with level 400+ haste doesn't even do anything. Personally, it should have been logarithmic from the beginning anyway. Sure, you don't gain as much speed per level after 150, but it's not like it's useless to level past 150.

My level 30 now walks at a nice pace, my level 100 now walks at a great pace, and my level 150 still walks faster than any of them.
Red

Back