• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New technologies

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Why don't we have OTServers with Azure/AWS/Google Cloud support?

Why don't we have websites made in React / Bootstrap?

Using Laravel in website backend could be useful.

Is this thread #2342 with all these questions, speculations and... nothing else? If you want something different then make it different.
I couldn't stand MyAAC or GesiorAAC, no offense to anyone but they are on a "school project" level, so I made one myself using Laravel as backend and Vue as frontend.

Last edited:
If you want something different then make it different.

Hard agree. I keep coming across this threads over and over and over again. People be like "How come we ain't using Laravel?" or "Monsters behave so stupid in TFS 1.X", and then they do nothing but rant about, yet again, the current state of the OpenTibia community [2]. It's always like this. Prove me wrong.

Do you want AWS support? Do it yourself [1]. React frontend? Learn enterprise-level state management and code it yourself. "TFS peaked in 2010 it should be long dead now". Improve it yourself. Spend some valuable time and optimize the so called "undead" algorithms. Build a better community. Give back to the community. Start today. Contribute yourself.

===
[1] Why would you ask for AWS support in the first place? There are plenty of experienced hosters here. And moreover, they are familiar with both OT engines and workflows. They can provide you with extensive support.
[2] See below.

Last edited:
Because this community is 90% leechers and there is not enough people to push it forward

Because this community is 90% leechers and there is not enough people to push it forward
I agree on this.
BTW There was a laravel AAC back in the time called PandAAC. It was finished 80-90%, but i guess it was abandoned.

I agree on this.
BTW There was a laravel AAC back in the time called PandAAC. It was finished 80-90%, but i guess it was abandoned.
90% is not a high number of leechers fyi, usually it's closer to 99%+. If we were at 90% leechers we would be progressing at light speed, maybe faster.

Maybe it's time everyone stops caring about leechers though? What's the big deal? by the very nature of this project and any project where skill is involved the majority of the community will be leechers, it's completely normal and to expect anything less is quite ignorant. If the goal is to encourage leechers to become contributors then this community first needs to fix its toxicity problem so people stay long enough to learn anything and eventually contribute.

Back