• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

New to OT

Caramon Mahere

Reaction score
Well, like the title says I'm new to the OT thing. I paid a guy to set up a server and database on a laptop and send it to me. I have since installed a fresh tfs 1.2 server with a different map and data files which seem to be almost mostly bug free.

So far I have managed to figure out how to do tutors/godmode's, skills bank balances etc. in phpmyadmin, debugged an instant spell and a few aoe runes, use talkcommands, and did some minour tinkering with npc quest script that turned out to he unneccessary. Other than that however I still really have no idea what I'm doing.

My goals are myriad but for now, I want to focus on a complete, debugged, fully detailed and realized 10.98 map and features. Including lore, timed/daily item spawns, books and minour details.

Anywho, with this post I'm just look in ngnto say Hey, this is what I'm doing and I have no idea what I'm doing. Also if anybody is available for tips guidance and answering occasional questions that would be greatly appreciated.

I’m in the same boat as you brother.. just paid a guy to setup my 10.00 server .. I’m trying to do something with quest and books after as well 🤔

I admire you but if you are at the level of knowledge about this subject that you currently are, your goals are to high and will break you.
Take your goal and devide it to smaller goals, this way you can see progression.
Example to this is that you wish to take level 700 in rl Tibia, if you just see the 700 from 1 ( the start ) it feels big and Heavy and takes a long time but
what if your first goal is to become level 50? then from there you take lvl 70, then 110 and so on.

I admire you but if you are at the level of knowledge about this subject that you currently are, your goals are to high and will break you.
Take your goal and devide it to smaller goals, this way you can see progression.
Example to this is that you wish to take level 700 in rl Tibia, if you just see the 700 from 1 ( the start ) it feels big and Heavy and takes a long time but
what if your first goal is to become level 50? then from there you take lvl 70, then 110 and so on.
I like that ... ✊🏿

You must be some kinda elite programmer who knows wtf their talkin about huh ?? You put a lot of time into the game huh ??

I had high goals about plenty of Projects, most of them unknown to the forums, but nontheless, they broke me.
Im a very mediocre at programming, cant really do anything fancy.
Im good with coming up with ideas, but not enough willpower to go through with it. They are too big, and i notice this when Im very Deep in already.

Ehhh, this has been an idea I've had a passion a bbn out for near a decade and Iij dknt really plan on quitting anytime soon, but ya my real goals are even bigger in the end. This getting a perfect tibia going will be a middle ground for what I wanna do in the long run and I km now Iij ma have to learn lua XML and c++ to be able to do all the things I wanna do. I have all the time till I'll die though.

For now my goals are just to be able to edit the npcs quests and map that I'm playing solo. After that I would move onto making my own from a copy and paste, and then making my own from scratch.

In the end Ima use this engine to do my own entire game with different vacations spells and more focus on Roleplay and quest solving.

Ehhh, this has been an idea I've had a passion a bbn out for near a decade and Iij dknt really plan on quitting anytime soon, but ya my real goals are even bigger in the end. This getting a perfect tibia going will be a middle ground for what I wanna do in the long run and I km now Iij ma have to learn lua XML and c++ to be able to do all the things I wanna do. I have all the time till I'll die though.

For now my goals are just to be able to edit the npcs quests and map that I'm playing solo. After that I would move onto making my own from a copy and paste, and then making my own from scratch.

In the end Ima use this engine to do my own entire game with different vacations spells and more focus on Roleplay and quest solving.
Go for it

Back